Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add/see Talktalk emails on my Samsung A50

(Topic created on: 06-02-2020 05:38 AM)
Jazz56
First Poster
Options

Iv’e been getting the following message on my Samsung phone for almost a week now.   Re-enter your password You must re-enter your password for your .......@talktalk.net account (IMAP)   I click on ‘ok’ then it takes me to a screen which has at the top ‘Edit IMAP’ to type in everything apart from my email address eg IMAP and STMP details, password, display name etc.   I’ve been trying and trying but it never works. I’ve also deleted the account numerous times but nothing fixes it.   Changed the password, checked it worked by going in through web to my account and it’s correct.   Oh and I don’t have this problem on my iPad, only my Samsung phone.   Went to a Samsung support shop today and they said it was something that Talktalk has done.   Any idea folks.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I occasionally get a pop up myself on my phone that my BtMail Account password is wrong.

I've used this email address for over 30 years so I know very well my account credentials are correct.

What I usually end up doing is deleting  the account from the phone and reset it up which typically clears the issue @Jazz56 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Jazz56
First Poster
Options

Thanks for replying. 

Funny you should mention BT as the Samsung shop yesterday said that the problem I have is happening to people with BT and Talktalk accounts not others.

I've added and deleted the account more times that I can count and I still get the same 'please re-enter password' message.

The really annoying thing is that even with the account deleted the same message pops up. 

The account is working perfectly on my IPad.

I'm at a loss at what to do.

0 Likes