Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UK version

(Topic created on: 08-12-2021 10:35 PM)
Dag56
Journeyman
Options

Hi all

I've bought a Samsung A22  5g which was sold as a UK version. The box was sealed and had a UK charger.

In the settings about phone it has a "tra id United Arab Emirates." Does this mean it wasn't made for UK use?

The model number is SM-A226B/DSN 

Thanks.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No worries @Dag56 

Some resellers deal in grey imports which are phone's brought in from other countries.

The next step I'd to also ask Samsung if the Limited 2 year manufacturing warranty applies.

When I imported my phone into the UK one of the limitations I was aware of is that Samsung UK won't offer support to an imported phone. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

View solution in context

11 REPLIES 11
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
It's made in China or South Korea! Charger might be made in India! Just because it came with uk charger it don't mean it was manufactured their!
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Dag56 

Did you buy from Samsung UK or a UK shop or did you purchase from an online re seller from Amazon etc ?

If you look in settings, about phone, software information, service provider software version what is the 3 last alphabet letters.

This is the CsC which can explain where it's from.

For example mine is EUX

Or download the phoneinfo app from the Playstore and this tells you what the CsC is.

Then Google the CsC and you should get some information back.

Also launch the Samsung Members App and tap on the Benefits section.

This should hold information banners showing what benefits are available to you.

If it's blank then there's a good chance it's an imported model.

The fact that there was a UK charger in the box does not confirm things. For example I imported a Samsung Note 20 Ultra from Samsung Hong Kong and it had a UK charger inside.

Samsung UK can help if you contact them and give them the various serial numbers etc of the phone.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

Dag56
Journeyman
Options

Thanks for the replies.

I bought it from Amazon. I don't have it with me I've bought it as a gift. I'll do what you said this evening Bob and take it from there.

Thanks.

0 Likes
Solution
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

No worries @Dag56 

Some resellers deal in grey imports which are phone's brought in from other countries.

The next step I'd to also ask Samsung if the Limited 2 year manufacturing warranty applies.

When I imported my phone into the UK one of the limitations I was aware of is that Samsung UK won't offer support to an imported phone. 

Dag56
Journeyman
Options

I googled the phones model number, SM-A226B/DSN and it appears to have been made for the Saudi / Hong Kong market if the link below is correct. I'll have to find out if this will cause future problems.

https://www.phonemore.com/specs/samsung/galaxy-a22-5g/sm-a226bdsn-128gb6gb/

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Best place to ask is Samsung directly @Dag56 

Samsung Pay may not work but Google Pay should.

The most important part is if Samsung UK will support he phone under the Limited 2 Year Manufacturing Warranty.

Dag56
Journeyman
Options

I contacted Samsung UK on Twitter and they were more than helpful. They told me the phone wasn't an EU model and the warranty would be effectively useless. To get warranty work done the phone would have to be inspected in the country it was meant to have been sold in. I contacted the seller and told him what Samsung had told me. He waffled an excuse about having sent me the wrong phone. He apologised, I've returned it for a refund and I'm now going to buy another from a more mainstream source.

Thanks for all the replies and advice they were appreciated.

Just a word about Samsung UK on Twitter. They were excellent. Replied to me almost immediately, friendly and knowledgeable. They are well worth contacting for this kind of problem.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Thank you for updating your thread @Dag56

I think k you've made the right decision to return the phone for refund.

If you haven't already and still can then take some time and date stamped pictures of the phone with one of it turned On to prove it's aesthetic condition , just incase.

Dag56
Journeyman
Options

I didn't think about taking pics showing its condition and I've already sent it back. Hopefully he won't try that old trick or Amazon will take my side of he does. I had the phone less than two days before returning it.