Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transferring data from old phone

(Topic created on: 20-04-2021 10:10 PM)
bertieboy
Journeyman
Options
I got my A32 about a week ago.I haven't been able to get  my data into the new phone as I am waiting for a USB cable  to arrive. In the meantime have been configuring and using the phone.
My question is, when I get the cable and attempt to transfer the data from the old phone (Alcatel U5) am I likely to foul up the new phone? I have already got all my saved passwords, contacts and a lot of apps,some different and I have been streamlining my choices. Would I be better not to transfer the data? I have to say that I don't use the a32 very much as I prefer to use my laptop.
As regards the apps from the old phone I can reinstall them. I know I can be selective as to what I transfer.I am tempted to leave things be. I suppose this transferring thing is like doing a Windows restore on a PC.
Any thoughts please?
Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
LazyJacob55
Journeyman
Options
No it doesn't delete anything when you transfer data to your new phone but make sure you use the samsung smart switch app on both phones and it'll work you can even transfer your data wirelessly with the samsung smart switch app
0 Likes
bertieboy
Journeyman
Options
So does it merge with existing data? If so, I would then need to do some pruning to get what I want?
Thanks
0 Likes
LazyJacob55
Journeyman
Options
Yes if its photos then it will (most of the time) sort them out automatically
0 Likes