What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Touch Screen

(Topic created on: 17-06-2022 11:15 AM)
Options
My A12 with latest software frequently loses touchscreen capability. If I use the bottom ||| button to minimise the reselct. Function cones back. Sometimes I have to close with middle right button and reopen to fix it. It happens often enough to be an irritation. Nothing to do with wer/dust usual suggestions. I think it's a hardware/software/firmware issue. Any one else have this issue? And anyone have any ideas?
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@NormanBarrington: To troubleshoot the issue, please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Don't worry, this won't affect your personal data or settings. Following the reset, head to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now. Can you also try heading to Settings > Display > Touch sensitivity, and toggle this option off. 

If the problem persists, can you confirm if the touch screen issues occur while using a certain app/feature, or is it random? 

0 Likes
Kichibro
Pioneer
Options
I have the exact same problem sometimes on whatsapp I'm texting my friend and everything freezes like I can't use the screen
0 Likes
Options
It is not limited to certain apps, even the icons on the home screen can be unresponsive, or typing text, it is normally recoverable by minimise ||| and reselect, but when the bottom buttons are also frozen only the power button and reopen works. None of the ob ious suggestions solve the tendency, which has been present since new.
0 Likes