09-08-2023 08:43 PM in
09-08-2023 11:35 PM in
@arslan08 clearing the cache partition can help with freezes/lags and is recommended after updates in any case. This deletes temporary files but keeps your data intact. Follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. May need to connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. Wait until the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .
10-08-2023 05:32 AM in
Has this just started and if so have you downloaded anything or updated anything that could have a bearing on this.
Run the diagnostic tool in your Samsung Members App to see if that highlights anything @arslan08
A Samsung Service Centre can take a look at the phone too.
If I can be of any further help then please don't hesitate. Take care. 😎
Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²³ Ultra 512Gb in Phantom Black.
The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "