Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible battery life on A54

(Topic created on: 21-06-2024 12:27 PM)
Daniel1978_
Student
Options
I've been up about 2 hours and phone battery has already dropped from 76% to now 46%. I'm currently having to charge my phone at least twice a day. 

Brightness is set to around medium. I've only been watching a few youtube videos and browsing. 

I'm going to switch off battery protection which limits charging to 80%. 

Phone hasn't been the same since 6.1 update. 
0 Likes
1 REPLY 1
AndrewL
Options

@Daniel1978_: If you have manually set your brightness to 'medium', and have been streaming videos on YouTube, then this may go some way to explaining the sudden dip in your battery. If you head to Settings > Display > Adaptive brightness, and toggle this option on, you may notice an improvement. In the meantime, please head to Settings > Battery > Tap on the usage graph, then check the bottom of the page, as this will give you a breakdown of which apps and features are using the most battery.

You can then tap the Back button > Background usage limits, and place the apps in Sleeping or Deep sleeping apps to reduce their background activity. I also recommend tapping the Recents button in you Navigation bar, and closing any apps when not in use by swiping upwards on the preview window, or hitting 'Clear all'.