Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Super fast charging still not working after januari update

(Topic created on: 23-01-2023 04:27 PM)
Arend1985
First Poster
Options

After upgrading to Android 13, super fast charging and fast charging stopped working. A few days ago I installed the latest januari update and it seemed to fix the issue. I charged my A52s a couple of times with super fast charging, but now it stopped working again. No changes were made on my phone, so it is still something that Samsung needs to fix ASAP. Getting very tired of these issues of Samsung phones.

Anyone else having this same experience?

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Arend1985  Assuming charger fine ,no debris/mositure in the charging port have you wiped the cache partition lately? This can sometimes solve charging issues and is advisable after updates.

1. Turn off the device.
2. May need to Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Can also Repair Apps from the same recovery Menu.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Arend1985
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have done that already. Tbh, clearing cache partition is such a standard answer people give to any problem. It is a software bug/issue on Samsungs end. Nothing we can do about it. 

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Then I suggest you report an error within the Samsung members app, under support at the bottom.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Arend1985  I was just checking the troubleshooting.  whilst understand frustrating not universal,as suggested worthwhile to send an error report.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

muhammed1io
First Poster
Options
Me too..I bought a52s and bought fast charger but sadly It doesn't work..only work when I turn off fast charging sitting from (sitting>battery and device care>battery>fast charging) I switched it off as it's the only way to charge my phone..I use an original charger and original cable..the charger supports 25watt but I can't turn this on sadly..pls help me..also my phone is updated to android 13
0 Likes