Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage space/SD card?

(Topic created on: 01-11-2020 01:56 PM)
Danamarie
Journeyman
Options
I have the samsung galaxy A21s and only about 0.2mb of internal storage space remaining. I have moved all my photos, documents etc to an SD card that I purchased yesterday. However, it seems that Samsung won't allow me to transfer ANY of my apps to my SD card. Now, I don't want to delete any of the apps as I use them all on a regular basis for university, work and social media. What can I do to free up space without deleting most of my apps?
15 REPLIES 15
InfinitePlayz15
Journeyman
Options
hey! try transferring your apps to sd click settings>apps>the app u want eg whatsapp>storage and click change storage device. Although be aware that some apps may not be transferable.
AndrewL
Options

@Danamarie: Unfortunately it is not possible to store the majority of applications on an SD card. Normally I would have suggested that you backup your personal media to an external source, and remove it from the device to free up some space, but it seems like you have already done this via the SD card backup. If you head to Settings > Device Care > Storage > User Data, which category/categories are currently using the most internal memory? 

Danamarie
Journeyman
Options
Hi, thank you for your response! However, I have tried that, and what's strange is that it won't allow me to move a single one of my apps? Including apps that I know are transferable because I have transferred them to SD cards from previous phones in the past?
0 Likes
Danamarie
Journeyman
Options
I don't have a user data option, but under Device Care and then storage, it says that apps are using the most internal memory.
0 Likes
trancemonkey
Explorer
Options
I think the only apps you can move to sd card are downloaded games if an app is movable it will say in the storage part of app info
Danamarie
Journeyman
Options
Blooming hell, thank you. This is really infuriating me right now because the only apps I have are social media, university apps and my time tabling app for work, and none of those are transferable apparently 🤦 Plus, the actual samsung system updates etc are taking up a significant amount of my storage as well? If they were going to make it so that apps can't be transferred, then Samsung really should've made the internal storage a bit bigger 🤦
0 Likes
Josuwa
Navigator
Options
restart your phone once and try again mate... Probably you could move then...try optimising your phone going to the setting and device care #Optimise... and also Go to My File >Internal and then you'll see folder names as Android... you can clear that... that'll help your phone storage free a bit...
Danamarie
Journeyman
Options
That's brilliant, I hadn't actually tho if it to restart my phone lmao, probably should've been the first thing I did lol. I'll try all that now, thank you!
Josuwa
Navigator
Options
😊😊😊 I wish It could work...
0 Likes