Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speaker and audio issue

(Topic created on: 26-07-2020 07:37 PM)
Yogr00
Apprentice
Options

I have this Galaxy A71 and I absolutely love it, but it has this very annoying issue: sometimes the microphone just stops working and all I can do is restart the phone. This morning the speaker also went mute, no audio at all! No alarm, notifications or system sound and a friend of mine tried giving me a call and it was ringing, but no sound, I almost missed an appointment!

The audio was working perfectly the night before, I just locked the screen and went to bed.

Bluetooth is always off, no apps running, do not disturb is off.

It really looks like a software issue, because it goes away with a restart, but the fact that I cannot trust the alarm is just unacceptable. Is Samsung aware if this problem?

7 REPLIES 7
CarlH
Options

Hi @Yogr00. Is your software up to date? Can you check if the issue occurs in Safe Mode? You can do this by holding the Power button and then long-pressing Power Off on the screen (which will change to Safe Mode). Tap this and your phone will restart. 

0 Likes
Yogr00
Apprentice
Options

Hi, thanks for your reply. The software is up to date and it seems to happen randomly, should I keep the phone in safe mode for a few days?

If it happens again maybe I could look at the running processes and see if killing the apps one by one makes any difference. 

I wonder if anyone else is experiencing this. 

Thanks. 

0 Likes
AndrewHill
Journeyman
Options

had this same problem on A51 and A71. Both brand new phones. 

I solved it by putting headphones in the audio jack and removing them again. Design flaw. The a range thinks headphones are connected when they're not. 

Yogr00
Apprentice
Options

Just an update: I stopped using Bixby and the issue didn't happen again. Maybe there is some bug with how it handles the microphone and the audio. 

StrikingPeace
Apprentice
Options

Im having the same problem too

greg53
First Poster
Options

Samsung knows about it and they cannot fix it.

0 Likes
Yogr00
Apprentice
Options
It's crazy this is still happening after 2 years. I haven't used Bixbi ever since and I never experienced the issue again. If Samsung wants to push their smart assistant, they should at least try to fix those ugly bugs.
This is quite critical, because the alarms also stop working.
0 Likes