Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

software

(Topic created on: 06-03-2021 09:26 AM)
Darren22
Voyager
Options
Can anyone tell me why the A51 5G are still on October 2020 security patch i thought the A series got security patches every 3 months.
7 REPLIES 7
GalaxyS21FEUser
Explorer
Options
My A21s On EE Is On January Security Patch. Try Going On Biometrics And Security. Then Go On Security Update. Thats How I Got An Update.
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
tried that but nothing thanks anyway tho.
0 Likes
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
They haven't updated the a51 5g past that. IDK why, but even phones like the a01 have. There isn't anything I can help you or me with regarding this but there isn't any firmware past October 2020 for the sm-a516b so you can't even flash a newer one if you knew how to.
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
the thing that annoys is the cheaper A series phones are on more upto date software after paying £430 for this phone I thought we would be in front and not behind but there's nothing we can thanks for all the help.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Its a little annoying tho. Samsung Galaxy A51 5g is one of Samsungs best midrange phone if not the best and yet Samsung aren't giving it very many updates. I also have that phone. Tbh Im just happy that I have no probelms which desperately need to be fixed by an update. All is flawless on my phone at the moment 😊
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
my phone is unlocked and bought from Samsung UK online shop.
0 Likes
Darren22
Voyager
Options
I don't mind being on android 10 I just would like if they keep security up to date.
0 Likes