Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update.

(Topic created on: 16-10-2022 05:35 PM)
DACCAD
Student
Options
I implemented the latest software update this morning, now I have no mobile data connection.
Anyone else having the same issues?
0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
ChrisP88
Options

@DACCAD We understand that on rare occasions things can go wrong following an update. To get this working again, please remove or reset the current APN settings on your device.

Follow the steps below to do this:

1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Connections.
4. Select Mobile networks.
5. Select Access Point Names.
6. Select the menu icon in the top right-hand corner.
7. Select Reset to default.
8. Select Reset.

Also, try turning the mobile data on your phone, on and off with your Wi-Fi off.

Let us know how you get on!

View solution in context

7 REPLIES 7
Solution
ChrisP88
Options

@DACCAD We understand that on rare occasions things can go wrong following an update. To get this working again, please remove or reset the current APN settings on your device.

Follow the steps below to do this:

1. From the home screen, swipe either up or down to access apps.
2. Select Settings.
3. Select Connections.
4. Select Mobile networks.
5. Select Access Point Names.
6. Select the menu icon in the top right-hand corner.
7. Select Reset to default.
8. Select Reset.

Also, try turning the mobile data on your phone, on and off with your Wi-Fi off.

Let us know how you get on!

DACCAD
Student
Options
@ChrisP88 Thanks for the advice.
Following steps 1-8 seems to have fixed the problem.
dpmeddie
First Poster
Options

I made a recent update on my Samsung 20 note , it changed my main page  , I had to recreate my page and put it in the main page position, it wants to force me to use their internet, every morning my main page is changed and every day I have to reposition my own page to the main position and there is no way to remove this.

0 Likes
Members_Q699LcD
Student
Options

This solution is not working on my Samsung Galaxy A52S 5G.   It updated to Android 13 yesterday evening and since then mobile data is not working.    See the thread "Update A52 5G to latest firmware => no mobile access"

0 Likes
cosj
First Poster
Options

Similar issue with an xcover 5 today.

A reset didn't fix the issue.

Issue solved by removing all access point names one-by-one.

After doing this, it then repopulated the list automagically with a lot of new access point names

Io28
Apprentice
Options

Same issue here on a Galaxy S22, after an update yesterday, no mobile data connection. Tried all the above, including changing SIM card - it's the phone, not the SIM card... Anyone else with the same problem? 

0 Likes
Scarlet006
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue after the most recent update, my sim cards don't stay connected for longer than 2 minutes and I have to toggle airplane mode. I have tried a soft reboot and reset the access point names. Please advise on other solutions?

0 Likes