Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SIM randomly disconnecting.

(Topic created on: 03-11-2022 09:10 PM)
GarlicBread
Journeyman
Options
My SIM card has recently started disconnecting randomly, when I'm using the phone or when it's just sitting idle, and I'll get a notification saying "no SIM inserted". This problem is extremely irritating on my otherwise fully functional dual SIM Samsung A50. I would really appreciate some help.

The phone not been damaged in any way as far as I can tell. This is actually the second time this problem started. 3 months ago I had the same issue, but switched my two SIMs around and it seemed to fix it, so I assumed something was wrong with one of the SIM positions, not the card, as it only seems to be one of the cards playing up. But now that it has started again I'm not so sure, switching them doesn't work and I need my mobile data for literally everything every single day. Would really appreciate advice before trying out buying a new SIM, which would be a massive bother.

I have tried:
Restarting the phone (multiple times)
Checking the SIM is correctly positioned
Running SIM diagnostics
Switching the two SIMs around (no longer works)
Turning aeroplane mode on and off
Cleaning the SIM contacts with sleeve/pencil rubber

I quickly googled this issue and others seem to have had it but all links I could find were unhelpful.
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
keith30
Maestro
Options
I have you tried cleaning the sim card, it might be unable to read it if it's dirty
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
They used to say use a pencil eraser to clean them, not sure if still recommended advice could give it a try
GarlicBread
Journeyman
Options
I have tried wiping it with my sleeve, it didn't seem to do anything, but thank you
0 Likes
GarlicBread
Journeyman
Options
It doesn't seem to do anything, it still disconnects randomly, but thank you for suggesting
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Maybe it is the phone, have Samsung check it out
GarlicBread
Journeyman
Options
A bit of a mundane question, but are they likely to charge for an inspection?
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It depends on how long you had you phone, but don't quote me as im guessing

GarlicBread
Journeyman
Options
Alright, thank you, I'll see tomorrow if there's a shop in my area.
0 Likes
zimma71
Voyager
Options
I have exactly the same issue with my A32 5G dual SIM if I leave it overnight I get up in the morning and I have got 6 missed calls four answer phone messages.... I've already reported this probably a month ago but as usual nothing seems to ever get done they just had more problems after more problems I'm just lucky I bought another phone I've charged this one up 4 times today, try using Google Text-to-Speech now it doesn't recognise a word you're saying
0 Likes