Did you mean: 

Sim and SD card errors

(Topic created on: 03-05-2020 03:28 PM)
Briant566
Pioneer
Options

Hi 

Anybody else having sim card or SD card error 

Mine reports sim card or SD not inserted  about one a week only for a min then its OK

The one is only a month old has been back to samsung come back has done it today

Repair service is a joke nothing to say what they did ?but at the moment

its a nightmare getting any sense out of samsung 

0 Likes
21 REPLIES 21
SamK00
First Poster
Options

Have you had any luck yet? my phone stopped doing it for about 4 days (after my brother re inserted my sim card,) but has now started again! think i will have to call the repair out but doesnt sound too hopeful...

0 Likes
Briant566
Pioneer
Options

Not as yet as DPD went to wrong address so its going on Monday

0 Likes
Solution
Briant566
Pioneer
Options

Now back from repair the repair service was excellent pick up and back in three days Now the have replaced the sim card tray and seems ok will mark as solved if still ok after a week

Has been ok for 2 week so looks like it was the sim card tray  

SamK00
First Poster
Options

Thank you for your reply, that has filled me with confidence! I have just booked mine in to be sent off.

Thanks

0 Likes
Briant566
Pioneer
Options

If you look at the lastest update it says update is to help with sim card errors 

So there must be something that they new about 

0 Likes
hcs42
First Poster
Options

Hi  SamK00,

Any luck with the repair service? I started to have this error on my A20 some time before 2020-05-19, so I suspect that the 2020-04-22 patch did it (the only description in the patch is: "The stability of SIM card recognition has been improved." https://doc.samsungmobile.com/SM-A202F/XEZ/doc.html)

I just installed the 2020-06-15 patch today but the problem still occurs.

0 Likes
hcs42
First Poster
Options

I took my phone to the Samsung repair service and they fixed the issue. They said they had to replace the motherboard, and that this is not a rare error. They took about two weeks to do the fix. I got back my phone 11 days ago, not a single issue since then (beforehand I had at least one issue per day, but usually more).

0 Likes
Nellienelson
First Poster
Options

Hi, I am curious if this has worked for you as I am having the same issue up to 15 times a day that I can see. I would be happy to buy a sim tray if I thought it would help as I'm not getting far with provider. My phone is only 4 months old so very annoying. Thanks in advance.  

0 Likes
fgfgbgbg
First Poster
Options

Is the phone giving the errors the Samsung Galaxy A20e?

0 Likes
hcs42
First Poster
Options

Yes, I have Samsung Galaxy A20. (I don't think it's "A20e".)

0 Likes