Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Self isolation/ quarantine

(Topic created on: 30-03-2020 04:33 PM)
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

One last post to anyone and everyone out there, no matter where you're from.

I hope you are all safe and as well as possible , be kind to others and let's try and help each other get through this, even if it's just a short message on social media , forums, chat, SMS, etc

Let's be there virtually for each other 

17 REPLIES 17
Jesmin81
Student
Options
I agree. We can get through this rough time together by doing one small thing. Staying at home. Please do this. If everyone does this it will all be over and our lives will be back to normal. This will also protect the nhs
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

As restrictions  start to be relaxed  (easing underway earlier in some places than others)  , I would hope  people act sensibly and take the necessary precautions.   Certainly at the moment social distancing (in some form)  will continue to be necessary for a while.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

CarloL
Hotshot
Options

That's true, the fact that restrictions are being relaxed (in the hope of restarting a minimum the economy as well) doesn't mean that we can gather all together out (like what I've seen yesterday going to the park). It is understandable that people just can't wait to get back to "normality" but we still need to hold on if not, we may end up one step back. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes some worrying signs, understand it has been tough for some folk  but the process of getting back to some form of normality needs to be a gradual process. Though having said that without going into politics, some mixed messages have been sent.    Even though the number of new cases seems to be on a downwards trend we are not out of the woods yet.

July  before any cafes/restaurants will be open in the Uk but did folk see the Greenhouse idea they had in Amsterdam.

[video]

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jesmin81
Student
Options

We are allowed to go outside again in groups of 6 but social distances rules apply (2m). Non-essential shops are opening back up again. We should still continue to stay at home because the virus is still spreading. It'll spread even faster if we are outside with our friends. The government has opened everything back up again for financial reasons. If we all go back outside with our friends, we can hit a second wave in the uk and could be much worse. Not only would our lives be in much more danger, but will be in lockdown a 2nd time and could be for 3 or 4 months. If we stop the spread by choosing not to go outside, only for essential purposes, the daily death toll can hit 0 and the new cases everyday can rapidly drop back meaning it would be in control and we would be safe. Then we would open everything back up. Now it is not safe the daily death toll increase is around 200. 

I am from Sussex in England.

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Exactly @Jesmin81, I feel like this point needs to be hammered home again and again, that just because there is some easing of restrictions, it doesn't mean the virus has gone away. People still need to be a bit more considerate.
MaxJones
First Poster
Options

#whendidphonesstartbecomingphablets

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Somewhat off topic but there is a big market for larger display smart phones with  screen intensive activity.  Samsung also provides smaller devices.

on self Isolation obviously there have been spikes in many countries and increased restrictions, particularly in Europe.    seems generally we let our guard down.  Some positive news on vaccines but winter likely to be very tough.   Thread on this here .  https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/samsung-lounge/covid-19-vaccines/m-p/2275851#M4801 

0 Likes