Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Security updates press release

(Topic created on: 18-01-2022 06:28 PM)
Ray L
First Poster
Options

Samsung announced that its smartphones made after 2019 will receive 4 years of security updates in this press release:

https://news.samsung.com/global/samsung-takes-galaxy-security-to-the-next-level-by-extending-updates

But in particular does that apply to the A03s, M52 or the new S21 FE 5G models? I don't see these particular models listed on the press release. I'm thinking about buying one of these.

Thanks v much

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@Ray L: It's only due to the age of the article that the A03s, M52 and S21 FE 5G aren't listed, however you'll be pleased to hear that all 3 models will be eligible for 4 years of security updates. To find out about the frequency of the updates per model, please check out the link below.

Security Updates Scope | Samsung Mobile Security

scotty82447
Navigator
Options
Its about time Samsung got 4 years of android updates because when it was just 2 years android updates that's ment you had to get a new phone a phone should last about 5 years or more for the price of phones now a days
0 Likes
quesadilia
First Poster
Options

I haven't heard this before, but if it is, then it's very cool. Although if so far this is not completely reliable information, then it's too early to rejoice. Because not always reliable information is written in a press release. For example, recently, a friend of mine wanted to launch a small advertisement, but she could not figure out what to do for a long time.  

She read what a press release is and how it all works. She managed to find an agency and launch the right press release, which is very cool

0 Likes