Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD Card

(Topic created on: 21-07-2021 12:59 PM)
KDR
Apprentice
Options
I keep getting told that my SD card has been improperly removed and to restart my phone, yet I have not removed the SD card or even attempted to. 
This can happen several times in one day and then probably nothing for a week or 2, or it can be day after day for a few days. 
Anyone any ideas?

I've also had it saying that my sim card has been removed, again I haven't touched it 
0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
AndrewL
Options

@KDR: Can you try heading to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Storage > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Advanced > SD Card > Unmount. Remove the SD card from it's tray, then press the Volume Down and Side Keys together for around 10 seconds until the phone restarts. Place the SD card back in it's tray, and let me know if this addresses the issue. 

0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
If the sd card sits in the same tray as your sim card, try removing the tray, and gently tap the device on a hard surface, such as a wooden chopping board, with the slot facing down towards the surface . It could be that there is dust accumulated inside the tray sleeve. Once you've done that, and cleaned away any debris that has fallen out, wipe the contacts of both the sd card, and the sim, then carefully reinsert the tray into its slot. Hopefully, the issue is resolved. You may need to reformat the sd card, so back it up to your pc first. You can add it back later, by attaching the USB cable, then drag it back onto your phone's reformatted sd card.
0 Likes
CodyH
Voyager
Options
No this may sound silly but did turn device of when installed it originally.?
May have to clear everything and do complete system restart then turn phone of before insert card and try again but remove it before do restart and clear catch as that may work.

Also does card work in offer device's as maybe faulty card.
0 Likes