Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card not working after update

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 05:44 PM)
Kay2022
Explorer
Options
I want to see if anyone else is also having issues with their SD card after the recent update? I am aware this was also an issue after an update last year but samsung keep saying it's a hardware issue. The SD card worked fine when I used my phone 5 minutes before updating then got locked into read only and won't let me format it. 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi. I've seen one or two reports of this recently but it's not that uncommon. You can restore the write function with an SD card reader and a PC.

Unfortunately, it can't be done with your phone.

This is a good tutorial https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.minitool.com/amp/partition-disk/memory-card-read-only.html
0 Likes
Kay2022
Explorer
Options
I tried to but it's completely locked. I tried 5 different tutorials
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Perhaps the card is failing. I would back up it's contents while it can still be read.
0 Likes
Kay2022
Explorer
Options
I did back it up it's just annoying because it hasn't been taken out the phone. I haven't damaged it. And it was literally working until the update happened. It's a samsung one too. It's just weird it wpuld be completely locked like that
0 Likes
MadMarty
First Poster
Options

Hi Kay, same thing happened to me today, and I cant unlock it, SD card worked fine then  updated the phone 5 mins later its all locked up, I cant work it out yet, ***** work in Samsung unfortunately and you cant uninstall the update

0 Likes