Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card deleted itself

(Topic created on: 20-09-2020 06:05 PM)
KathleenA1
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I was in the process of moving photo's from my Tab A (2016) storage to my SD card, when I suddenly got a message saying the SD card deleted itself. (I see my screen picture has also changed by itself). The option to remount the SD card is greyed out. All my important self tapes are gone as well as images in the gallery, can anyone help?

11 REPLIES 11
Lastboyscout
Pathfinder
Options
Hi, sadly SD cards do fail and it's nothing to do with the phone. I suggest you take the card out and put it back again. If that does not work, plug the sd card into an adapter and pop it into a PC/Laptop to see if the data is still there. I would always recommend backing your phone and sd card up, using Samsung Smart switch, to a pc or external drive. at least monthly. some sd cards e.g SanDisk come with a restore package. maybe worth looking at one of those in the future. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
GreyMatter
Helping Hand
Options
sounds like the SD Card performance has degraded to a level where Samsung deem it unusable for your device.
many don't realise that SD cards have a limited number of writes and rewrites.
I've had tbis happen on all manner of products from a whole manner of brands. Normally, by using an SD card reader and putting that into my pc, I can copy off the data, then order a new card and drop that data back on to it
0 Likes