Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD card and SIM removed unsafely error

(Topic created on: 29-05-2021 02:35 PM)
Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

I am receiving the following errors on my Samsung Galaxy A40: SD card removed unsafely and/or no SIM card detected.

I did a factory reset and the problem did not appear for a few hours. When I restored the backup the problem reappeared.

How can I fix this issue?

18 REPLIES 18
KholaI
Options

Hey there @Joseph S 

We're currently looking into this, and there's an active thread which will be updated once we get more information on the matter: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s10-series/an-sd-card-was-removed-unsafely-to-prevent-you...

In the meantime, please head over to the Members app and send in an error report within 15minutes of this occurring, as this will allow our engineers to get a better understanding of the issue and it's cause. To send in an error report, open the Members app > Get help > Error reports > Others. 

Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

I saw that thread but that mentions only the SD card without the SIM. I am getting errors regarding both of therm. Is it the same issue? If so, that means it is a soft problem and I should wait for a fix and there is no need to send the phone in the service?

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Well, it's difficult to say without hands on the phone @Joseph S . However, if the issue is regarding both cards it may mean that something is wrong with the SIM/SD tray. Would you be able to try this test and let me know the results? Launch the Samsung Members app> Get help> Interactive checks> SIM card. 

0 Likes
Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

Where can I find the Samsung Wearable app? I found Galaxy Wearable (Samsung Gear) but that has no get help section.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

My bad @Joseph S , I meant Samsung Members. 

0 Likes
Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

The SIM and the mobile network are shown there. Everything seems to be OK.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Let's try another step. Please switch off your phone > Remove the SIM card tray and the cards too, then place them back in carefully > Reinsert the SIM card tray > Switch on phone after a few minutes. 

0 Likes
Joseph S
Journeyman
Options

That was one of the first thing I tried to fix the problem but it did not help. Now I removed the SD card and after a few hours I  still have no errors about missing SIM.

So.. maybe it has something to do with the SD card. But I still don't know if it is the tray or a soft problem.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

If the error code stopped after removing the SD card, it does point to the issue being with the SD card. Are you able to use another card, to see if the same thing occurs? 

0 Likes