Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen protectors A71

(Topic created on: 27-07-2020 01:14 PM)
ProfPeyton
Apprentice
Options

Despite the excellent Gorilla glass on my 2020 Samsung Galaxy A71, I would still like the added confidence of a full body phone and screen protector.. I bought a gel cover but found that it wouldn’t allow me to use the in screen fingerprint sensor. So I bought a very thin tempered glass screen cover and that wouldn’t work either.  Could the Community recommend a tempered glass or plastic coco et that would work withe fingerprint sensor please? Thanks 

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @ProfPeyton 

My choice is to use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector as it adheres to the phone 100% all over the screen.

It works very well with the fingerprint scanner too.

It's compatible with a wide range of cases.

Now it's not the cheapest option but it's saved my phone a few times and worth the cost imo.

🌈 Stay Safe & Stay Alert.  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ProfPeyton
Apprentice
Options

Very many thanks for your prompt advice. Unfortunately Whitestone Dome don’t make their product for the A71 ! I tried AROYI Samsung Galaxy A71 Case +[2x Tempered Glass Screen Protectors from Amazon but no success. Surprising that Samsung don’t comment on what must be a frequent issue for many. Regards ProfPeyton

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

When choosing a Glass Screen Protector I would concentrate on an option that uses silicone adhesive all over the screen @ProfPeyton 

The options with silicone just around the edges in my own personal experiences tend to pop off and are not as case friendly.

0 Likes
ProfPeyton
Apprentice
Options

Thanks. Samsung Tech helpline have told me that the Galaxy A 71 has a protective coating applied to the Gorilla glass during production! Now they tell me! Samsung agree that they should  provide  this information at purchase.

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Phones have an oleophobic coating applied to the display to help with repelling fingerprint marks @ProfPeyton 

0 Likes
ProfPeyton
Apprentice
Options

I feel almost guilty saying it after your helpful replies but there still appears to be no recommended and commercially available front cover for the A71 that doesn’t inhibit the operation of the on screen fingerprint sensor. I believe Samsung should make a statement that clears this matter up.

0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you considered a liquid screen protector ?

0 Likes