Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save selected pic from whatsapp to gallery

(Topic created on: 14-08-2020 06:39 AM)
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy A50 and if I want to save any pic I received in WhatsApp to my gallery, it does not have an option.

If we select save media to gallery in whatsapp, it saves all media. But I want to save only the one I want to.

Can anyone help?

64 REPLIES 64
-S20-
Apprentice
Options

Go to Google play and get an image saver.

In WhatsApp highlight the image you want to save by long pressing it. Then press the share icon on the top of the screen and select the app you picked as an image saver and download without ever leaving the app

(Image saver)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saver.photoandvideosaver

Allow access to storage first time, after you allowed that permission then it saves in the gallery in the folder called "saved" automatically 

(Save to phone)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sapps.savetodrive

Allow access to files, and choose where you would like to save the image each time in a pop up window

This is a WhatsApp issue since it looks like they removed the feature 

Don't need to even leave the app now, thanks.

Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. Using third party we are able to save it. But we wanted Samsung app to give this option by default.

If this is an issue with WhatsApp, how come iphone users and Android Mi users are able to save it?

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

I can't say for the android Mi, but the iPhone doesn't have this feature. This is because WhatsApp has removed this feature. Samsung can't change this.

20200814_004038.jpg

0 Likes
CH4RD
First Poster
Options
There seems to be a lot of frustrated people on here, and I feel your pain but do not fear, I think I have a solution, well, it worked for me....
I figured, as I can see these images offline they must exist physically on the phone, using the 'my files' app go to:

Internal storage/whatsapp/media/whatsapp images/private

And low and behold all the images are there to select and move/copy to wherever you want them. I hope this helps someone else solve their issue....
Options

I just moved from iphone to samsung and everything was fine until i tried to save a photo of whatsapp and it didn't let me 😞

Options

You can click on the three dots then click share > story in instagram > and you save it there

but you depend on instagram, yet it doesn't lower the picture quality

0 Likes
Jitkavi
First Poster
Options

Have you got any solution? I am also facing the same issue. Couldn't figure out solution yet. 

0 Likes
HSTan
First Poster
Options

Hi all,

I am having the same problem trying to save an individual photo from Whatsapp into both my Samsung A51 and s10e and I found a solution within Samsung. 

First, within Whatsapp, go to the 3 dots on the top right, choose Settings, Chats and turn on Media visibility. Then go to Settings, Data and storage usage, and turn off all downloads (photos, audio, videos, documents) regardless of whether you are using mobile data, Wi-Fi or when roaming.

Once you do this, all NEW incoming photos will have a download button on it, which when pressed, will save the photo to your gallery. This worked for both my A51 and s10e.

Hope this helps.

0 Likes
RB2745
First Poster
Options
Hi,

I have screenshot the image viewed in whatsapp. Saves it to your gallery. Granted wont be same quality image but gets into gallery and fine for sharing to social.
0 Likes
Andrre
First Poster
Options

I was facing the same problem, and searching the options, found a solution that worked for me.

-click on the photo

-click the three dots

-go to view in gallery

-click the share icon on the bottom

-click on the shared album

-then, the first time you're doing it, just create a shared album that's only shared with yourself

-you can now save and see the photos in the gallery in the shared albuns section

Hope this helps.

0 Likes