Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save selected pic from whatsapp to gallery

(Topic created on: 25-07-2020 01:46 PM)
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy A50 and if I want to save any pic I received in WhatsApp to my gallery, it does not have an option.

If we select save media to gallery in whatsapp, it saves all media. But I want to save only the one I want to.

Can anyone help?

64 REPLIES 64
Nik769
Journeyman
Options

Personally, would rather not have another App, just for this.

I will either ask the sender to resend via email or messenger or screenshot it.

Hopefully, Samsung are on this!?

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

@Nik769 wrote:

Personally, would rather not have another App, just for this.

I will either ask the sender to resend via email or messenger or screenshot it.

Hopefully, Samsung are on this!?

Samsung unfortunately cannot change or modify another creators app (look at my previous post). WhatsApp will need to add these features if you think this feature is needed for android.

WhatsApp contact information:

https://www.whatsapp.com/contact/

0 Likes
Garth47
First Poster
Options

I doubt this is a Samsung problem because I also have it on my LG v20. Without using any additional  apps, I long-press the image until it gets a blue surround. Press the share button which will appear at the top right (one icon short of the extreme top right).

No matter who you select to share it with, the selected image will now appear with a download icon near the bottom left. Save it to the gallery and back out of the dummy share. Hope this also works on Samsung phones.
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

thank you for sharing your solution to your lg but it doesn't work on my Samsung phone, when i press share before the share window even pops up i can see the image is no longer selected (highlighted) and nothing new is added to the screen if i press back or select something to share it with.

But the image saver app would still be faster than this. Click share once, image saver, done its saved in your gallery.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Whats app response to my request:

"

Thanks for your message.

All downloaded media files are automatically saved to your phone's default storage.

On Android, media files are automatically saved in your WhatsApp/Media/ folder. If you have internal storage, the WhatsApp folder is located in your "Internal Storage." If you don't have internal storage, the folder will be on your "SD Card" or "External SD Card."

While it's not possible to stop media from being stored on your device after download, you can stop media from showing up in your gallery.

To turn off media visibility for all chats:

• From the Chats tab, tap More options > Settings > Chats > turn off Media visibility.

To turn off media visibility for specific chats:

• Open a chat > tap More options > View contact or Group info > Media visibility > No > OK.

Note: Media visibility will be turned on by default.

The media visibility feature only affects new media that comes in once the feature has been turned on or off and doesn’t apply to old media.

If you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. We'll be happy to help!

--
WhatsApp Support Team"

They just responded with how there downloads work instead of an actual response about if they would add this feature again.

0 Likes
Nik769
Journeyman
Options

Get picture you want on screen

Screenshot the pic

Its in your gallery

Crop photo

Upload to fb

0 Likes
Nik769
Journeyman
Options

Just asked

Second time posting that exact comment

Screenshot reduce the size and quality of the picture and it a more complicated process that requires you to leave the app. Not sure why your repeatedly posting your same comment when its not an easier solution?

I have reposted, as, it is a work around?

It does not require a 3rd party app

Not sure why you personal messaged me to ask me why I reposted?

0 Likes
Nik769
Journeyman
Options

I have just been reported to legal for reposting my workaround for the first time, so twice in total.

Following a personal message by a forum member, asking why I was spamming in the forum?

I don't always want to read through an entire thread and may, sometimes take the first solution i see that works.

I am not a spammer etc etc

I want a fix, just like everyone else

But, definitely do not want to download a 3rd party app to do it

Not too far fetched to think that maybe 1 person might think the same and start at the latest post and work back, looking for a solution

0 Likes
Peymanebtekar
First Poster
Options

Hi

You may select the picture you want to save, then select Share from the three dot menu. From the list of the Apps, select "Create Note". Samsung Notes App will open and you will see your picture there. Simply tap and hold on it and you will find "Save to Gallery" from three dot menu. 

🙂

This is the simplest way to do the saving, but still a long way to go for Samsung. 

0 Likes
Aily
First Poster
Options

Many thanks, why on earth did't I think of that having spent ages online trying to solve this problem!

0 Likes