Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save selected pic from whatsapp to gallery

(Topic created on: 17-07-2020 08:50 PM)
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy A50 and if I want to save any pic I received in WhatsApp to my gallery, it does not have an option.

If we select save media to gallery in whatsapp, it saves all media. But I want to save only the one I want to.

Can anyone help?

64 REPLIES 64
JorgeMR
First Poster
Options

So Ive looked all over the internet for this same question to find this post which really explains my situation and frustration. I cannot beleive that Samsung hasnt come up with a way to solve this! Lets not let this thread die!! Samsung should really hear out its customers and give a solution!!

Cancer
Explorer
Options

Yeah, it is really frustrating and Samsung is not able to reolve this simple issue in OS

Nik769
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys

I have had my S7 Edge for about 5 years and I have lots of saved pictures in my WhatsApp album in my gallery.

Although, I am  currently experiencing the very same issue.

So looks more like an update has stopped this function.

I vaguely remember it being initiated by Google, but could be wrong.

Apart from that, Samsungs are amazing devices, I have several and could not be happier.

Heat is the biggest enemy. Fast charge, only when you need to and I never charge in a case or whilst phone is laying flat.

Fully expect my phone to go another 2 to 3 years.......who kows

OD1
Student
Options

So had this exact problem last night on my s10. Wife with iphone took lots of nice photos on our day out and sent me them on WhatsApp.  I then wanted to upload to Facebook a few pics from my gallery.  I couldn't believe it I couldn't save them directly to my gallery in the whatsapp app. ....and NO I don't want to save every WhatsApp image I get straight to my gallery, like most people I get sent a fair amount of rubbish you might laugh at once but never want to see again! This is a basic function Samsung should immediately fix....would save me my wife laughing at how ***** samsungs are ( I know they aren't but this really is some basic functionality they need to fix right here)

Please Samsung SORT IT OUT

Nik769
Journeyman
Options

Having a quick think

Get picture you want on screen

Screenshot the pic

Its in your gallery

Crop photo

Upload to fb

Je655
Helping Hand
Options

Go to Google play and get an image saver.

In WhatsApp highlight the image you want to save by long pressing it. Then press the share icon on the top of the screen and select the app you picked as an image saver and download without ever leaving the app

(Image saver)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.saver.photoandvideosaver

Allow access to storage first time, after you allowed that permission then it saves in the gallery in the folder called "saved" automatically 

(Save to phone)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sapps.savetodrive

Allow access to files, and choose where you would like to save the image each time in a pop up window

This is a WhatsApp issue since it looks like they removed the feature 

ThatSameer
Explorer
Options

Pretty neat

OD1
Student
Options

Great work arounds guys thanks....Still we shouldn't be the ones having to work this out

Cancer
Explorer
Options

Thank you for your work around. Yeah, we have app which can be downloaded from play store which can do this job but my point is that should be provided by default in Samsung OS.

If it is issue with whatsapp, every android phone should have same issue but all other phones other than Samsung OS are able to save it to gallery when we long press the pic.

0 Likes
Je655
Helping Hand
Options

@Cancer wrote:

Thank you for your work around. Yeah, we have app which can be downloaded from play store which can do this job but my point is that should be provided by default in Samsung OS.

If it is issue with whatsapp, every android phone should have same issue but all other phones other than Samsung OS are able to save it to gallery when we long press the pic.

My method is faster. Long hold, share,image saver.  No need to select location or leave the app.

And here is a link to the oneplus having this issue

https://forums.oneplus.com/threads/how-to-save-whatsapp-images-to-photogallery.881197/

And an image from my old lg g5 having this same issue.

WhatsApp has removed this feature...20200718_103030.jpg

0 Likes