Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save selected pic from whatsapp to gallery

(Topic created on: 04-05-2020 05:41 AM)
Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

I am using Galaxy A50 and if I want to save any pic I received in WhatsApp to my gallery, it does not have an option.

If we select save media to gallery in whatsapp, it saves all media. But I want to save only the one I want to.

Can anyone help?

64 REPLIES 64
chrisharperd
First Poster
Options

Me too! Just switched from iPhone and want to save media to my gallery too

Hallian
Apprentice
Options

First you have to download and install Cx file explorer. Then go to the whatsapp picture you want to save and click on 3 dots on the top right corner. Then press share and choose Cx file explorer. Save the picture wherever you want to in your phone memory.

rberman
First Poster
Options

thanks for the tip. But that doesn't seem to work if you want to download multiple images at once.

This is really a terrible problem and so I hope that it gets resolved soon

Cancer
Explorer
Options

But in this solution , we are depending on third party Cx file explorer. Samsung should inplement it by defualt....Its basic functionality...

0 Likes
Hallian
Apprentice
Options

Yes we all hope the same

0 Likes
Hallian
Apprentice
Options
Agreed ...
0 Likes
SomewhatHelpful
First Poster
Options

I agree this should be a default solution but as of now we depend on "Cx File Explorer".

Youtube: Save Specific Media from Whatsapp to the Gallery 

Joshfyc
First Poster
Options

What I did was I downloaded a file manager app. I select share option on whatsapp photo, it will direct me to apps available for sharing -the file manager icon will be there as a "copy to function" file . Click on it n  paste it to whatever sub folder your want and it will be paste there for your use later. It's a longer way of doing things but it works for me.

Cancer
Explorer
Options

Hi,

Yeah with third party explorer like file manager or cx file explorer we can but our concern is it should have by default in OS as this si basic functionality

ThatSameer
Explorer
Options

Yet another basic feature not there. Having to do a long winded manual process to save individual photos from WhatsApp. Trust me Samsung Devs don't care. They don't listen