Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SamsungA40 not charging

(Topic created on: 23-03-2021 05:10 PM)
70Dibble
First Poster
Options

I bought a new Galaxy A40 on 9th September 2019, from your Trafford Centre shop. In May 2020 it would no longer charge, due to the Pandemic and not being able to visit your shop. I had to purchase a new A40 from Argos, being the only place available for click and collect near me. As this lockdown seems to be going on forever I was wondering how to get my original phone fixed and whether it would be still under guarantee.

Thanks in anticipation

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Hi 70Dibble

You will need to check with Argos to see how long the manufacturer warranty was, also you will need proof of purchase (a receipt). You'll most probably have to contact argos because that is where you bought it. If the manufacturer warranty has ended then I suggest you take Your phone to a phone repair shop near you. other than that I can't really see anything else you could do.
Maybe you could check if something is stuck inside of the charging port e.g. dust. The best thing is to take it to a phone repair shop preferably a Samsung repair shop when lockdown fully ends and all the restrictions are lifted

I hope this helps
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@70Dibble: If you would like to check your existing warranty status and arrange a repair then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk via the link below, or getting in touch on Facebook or Twitter, and an advisor will be able to look into this for you. The standard warranty on our mobile devices runs for 24 months from the purchase date, therefore your warranty should be valid until around September 2021. I hope this helps. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
Podcasts101
Explorer
Options
Grab the back of the phone and push down under the fingerprint sensor just a bit so the sensor that connects the battery does because they are normally very cheap and what holds them together doesn't so pushing the back plate a bit gets it in place.
Hope this helped!

It does work, I had to do it with mine
0 Likes