Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung trade in

(Topic created on: 02-07-2020 01:26 PM)
Amy20
First Poster
Options

I traded my old Samsung S7 in perfect working condition in for a Samsung A71 with a £50 discount. I then received an email stating my old phone had screen burn and delamination and so I must pay a surcharge of £25. They attached a poor quality image of my phone which supposedly showed the screen burn but there was no evidence of delamination. When I emailed to discuss this I was told to either pay the £25, pay the £50 discount back and they would return my old phone or return my new phone. Very disappointed and feel scammed by Samsung.

4 REPLIES 4
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

The last time i traded my phone in it was the Note 8 for the Note 9 and got £300.

I opted to use a Samsung Experience Store so it was all done in house which amongst other tests they did look at the screen. It also means I'm nkt having to send the phone Off and await their assessment.

I appreciate nkt everyone has access to Samsung Experience Stores however.

The Note 9 I then sold privately and got more than what Samsung was offering.

I appreciate your not happy but it's a decision your going to have to make on what you choose from the options given.

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Petepan
Student
Options

Same thing is happening to me with alleged screen burn. The phone was perfect when posted, how do I know its actually my phone they are  talking about. Feel scammed.

0 Likes
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Petepan ,

have you tried to contact MTR to get more information about this? They can be reached on 0333 207 9676 or helpdesk@samsungrecycle.co.uk.

0 Likes
Petepan
Student
Options
Hi. I have now put in a complaint via email and after after a number of exchanges to their manager they have waived the fee. Success.
0 Likes