Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pay & A53

(Topic created on: 06-05-2022 12:19 PM)
Members_Kx2uGd4
First Poster
Options

Hi - Based in UK with a UK SIM. Got the A53 recently and Samsung Pay wont work. Turns out the Phone is for Bulgaria.

Question - How does one identity from the Model Num or FW etc that its not not a UK Model or meant for UK?

What I have is SM-A536B/DS with SAOMC_SM-A536B_OXM_EUX_12_0073   EUX/-/EUX/EUX as the SW Version.

Thanks!

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
RuthlessAfro24
Voyager
Options
Because your csc is stuck on EUX When it should be saying BTU you might need to get a replacement with the correct region or get a refund or be risking and change the csc using samkeys and still be able to use the phone without sending it back
0 Likes
Members_OWNx6AO
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the updates/info! Having searched a few sites, it seems to be as you mentioned stuck on EUX.. But the strange thing is I also picked up a S22 (from Samsung Shop) and it also has the same OXM & EUX Codes in the FW but Samsung Pay works on it. 

Having contacted Support, they only mention the A53 I got is for Bulgaria and no mention of how to identify from the Model # or FW if its for that Region. Only clue I got from them was the Model # and/or IMEI is from that Region. 

Is BTU for UK Unbranded/Unlocked? I'll see if I can locate one for SM-A536B Model.

0 Likes