Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Pass

(Topic created on: 20-04-2023 07:20 PM)
Angiepride
First Poster
Options
Does anyone know what's happening to Samsung Pass, keeps saying check network (16)
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Yes I believe there having issues with there server. I'm trying to sign into my Samsung pass but authentication fails when I try to login with fingerprint
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Angiepride and @jonathaneuk. Indeed, the issue is being looked into and I'm confident that it'll be resolved as soon as possible.

Even though you won't (at the time of this writing) be able to view your Samsung Pass data (i.e. the list of stored sign-ins) by verifying the sign-in with your fingerprint, you should still notice that your stored and encrypted data (e.g. sign-in details) will be offered when you visit the sites/services you had stored. The prompt will still appear and the fingerprint should still be accepted as normal.

As a temporary workaround: please open Samsung Wallet > Settings (the cog on the top-right of the app) > Verification method > Turn off Fingerprints. After doing this, you can access Sign-in info by inputting your PIN.

You can then view the Samsung Pass data/sign-in details to export/note down. It will then ask to set up Fingerprints again, but the previous steps help access the data (if needed). In the meantime, you would just need to follow the aforementioned steps every time you wish to view your Sign-in info or Private info under the Samsung Pass heading.

The workaround might prove useful for future reference, or if you just wish to export your Samsung Pass data as a backup. 👍

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Mark1192
Pioneer
Options
It's totally screwed. Cannot log back into it. Just keeps telling me finger prints cannot be verified and try again layer. Samsung Keyboard has also stopped working properly....?
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Hi mate. Thanks for the info. I received the bulletin not long ago from Samsung (as I work for them) regarding the issue. So hopefully won't be too long for the fix.
Thanks for your reply and info.
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Yep. I've just set my new Samsung up and couldn't login. So had to manually stick every password in to all my apps 😭
0 Likes
Mark1192
Pioneer
Options
Hopefully it's fixed quickly if they're aware of it.
0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Yep I believe there on it ! 😃
Mark1192
Pioneer
Options
They have ruined Samsung Keyboard as well since the last update. No emoji predictions, terrible for auto correct as well. Doesn't learn your own words....
0 Likes
jonathaneuk
Navigator
Options
Ah haven't noticed that. I'm used to using Google keyboard.