Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung pass not accepting fingerprints

(Topic created on: 26-09-2022 03:58 AM)
ETCottle
Apprentice
Options

I have a new Galaxy A17.  My fingerprint sensor is working on all other apps, but Samsung Pass will not accept fingerprints. It appears initially to accept the fingerprint, then thinks for a few seconds, then comes back with a message "couldn't recognize finger print. Try again later." I have deleted and recreated all fingerprints, I have tried different fingers, I have tried software updates, nothing has worked.  It appears initially to accept the fingerprint, then thinks for a few seconds, then comes back with a message "couldn't recognize finger print. Try again later. I've had this phone for several months, and Samsung Pass has never worked.

I contacted Samsung technical support, talked to four different people, and no one solved the problem for me. Tech Support handed me off to a different software support team, who told me I needed to talk to Tech Support. Samsung Tech Support has failed me on this one.

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
PrettyOddZebra
First Poster
Options

This works!!!

0 Likes
AM622
First Poster
Options

I have the Galaxy S22 phone. My Samsung Pass fingerprint option did not work for me due to circulation issues that I have. I removed the fingerprint option in the app. Now when I attempt to access my Samsung Pass it will take my password and the pattern that I have registered but the next screen is asking me to set up a fingerprint again. I can not get around this screen. It will not allow me to continue unless I register my fingerprint again. I have turned wi-fi off, powered the phone off, and even kept the phone powered off for several hours and still the same. Any suggestions? 

0 Likes
Kalani
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue. Have you sorted this out? Can you tell me how?

0 Likes
Members_0aVOx4H
First Poster
Options

I am also having same issue

First it was showing no network then, i had to reset app, clear cache and memory, switched off and switched on..Now the same issue as above..cannot recognise fingerprint..I have almost 200 passwords saved. I changed fingerprint, registered new fingerprints..but still the issue is not resolved. I cannot use Samsung pass..there should have been an option of password as well to log into samsung pass..this is pain

0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

Hi, @Members_0aVOx4H. I appreciate your concern, and can assure you that this matter is being looked into. I have provided a temporary workaround (and a good way to create a backup of your Sign-in info) in the thread below:

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-a-series/samsung-pass/m-p/7341856#M32141

Please let me know how you get on.

0 Likes