Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Mtr Trade in scheme

(Topic created on: 14-05-2023 03:51 PM)
sunshineDaisy
Pioneer
Options
Hey! has anyone traded in their phone recently with the samsung trade in scheme? I have read absolute horror stories on every social media platform of the trade in company scamming people! I recently got the samsung A54 and i am happy with the device but terrified of trading in my old device! Any recent experiences of samsung trade ins anyone can share with me? 
0 Likes
15 REPLIES 15
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have traded my phone in every year for the last 8 years and have not had any issues.

My rule of thumb is, take pictures of the phone before sending off. Phone on, off, corners, front and back. Keep a log of the Imei number as proof of item. I would take picture of imei number whilst phone on.

Also pay the extra to have it signed for and insured.

Tone-M
Explorer
Options
Trade in went smoothly for me when I traded in for an S23+. As long as you adhere to the conditions you should have no problems. It may be worth sending your trade in special delivery if your device is worth over £100..
sunshineDaisy
Pioneer
Options
Thank you for the response! I took a full video of the device and me packaging the phone but yes i should have took a screenshot of my imei number from my phone! I have written it down however, but i can contact apple if there is any issues with that hopefully! I am still terrified after reading all the bad reviews especially on trustpilot but i will try and be positive 😞
0 Likes
sunshineDaisy
Pioneer
Options
Hey, i am glad your trade in went well! They did provide free postage but i can get it signed for. Just absolutely hoping for the best! I took a full video of my phone to show it is perfectly as new. Fingers crossed🤞
Tone-M
Explorer
Options
Shouldn't worry. Most trade ins go smoothly👍
sunshineDaisy
Pioneer
Options
I will be back to update when my phone has arrived with them and i get an update from them, i am actually sad to see my iphone go 😢 😂 now i am an android convert.
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As @-Robot- has said.
I will also add. Send it off as soon as possible.
Pack it with something to cushion inside the packaging and use the original box if you still have it
Make sure you use the supplied returns label.
Some haven't and regretted it as it has a specific code pertaining to your trade in
Takes a photo of the postage label.
Personally I'd definitely recommend paying extra to get a signed for delivery.
Ive never had any issues with any of my trade in devices
sunshineDaisy
Pioneer
Options
Thank you, i will be posting tomorrow! I have packaged the phone very well and used fragile tape! (A lot of it) i have taken a video and photo of the postage label and will do so again at the post office. I will pay extra for the signed delivery, hoping i dont recieve poor treatment as many others have! I am glad you didnt have any issues, good to hear positive experiences of a trade in!
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@sunshineDaisy Whilst some  customers have reported issues  the disgruntled  are more likely to report their experiences. If conditions followed  and have photographic evidence you are better protected.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.