Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Internet Browser not compatible

(Topic created on: 08-05-2022 03:10 AM)
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Why do I get the "not compatible"- message, when trying to update the Samsung Internet Browser app on my Galaxy tablet?

Tried reinstalling, but doesn't work. 

0 Likes
30 REPLIES 30
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
There are two versions in the Galaxy app store, you may have the wrong one. Either way it's not an ideal thing to have two apps with no distinguishable difference in the name or description to say which one is for tablets. I just use Chrome from Play Store instead as you know at least what you are getting with that app.
0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

The app was preinstalled when I bought the tablet.

I've always been able to update the app, but now I'm getting the message (in Google Play Store), that it's no longer available for my device.

It seems like an error, that Samsungs own browser is not available on their tablets.

Furthermore, I can only find one version available in the Galaxy Store.

antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Try updating Samsung apps only through the Galaxy App store in future, that way you'll avoid issues with the wrong app versions being installed by Google Play in future. I only use Galaxy Store for that exact purpose, all other apps I use Google Play for. I know it's a faff but what you may need to do now is 'uninstall' the Samsung browser which resets all applied updates and then update that via Galaxy Store only.
0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Tried everything - nothing works.

Might be a fault by Samsung.

Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

What's the tablet in question there, model number & android version? Because it may be a case of the updated version of the Samsung Internet app no longer supporting the android version that your tablet is running.

I've actually had this happen to me in the past albeit on an old Motorola phone. Maybe something similar is happening here.

MartinAun
Explorer
Options

SM-T500, Android 11

0 Likes
Kenneth-071
Navigator
Options

If it's running android 11 then that's clearly not the problem. Have you tried clearing the app cache of the Play store? Sometimes it gets corrupted. Or every trying to install the apk for the updated version manually (usually you can grab these apks from apkmirror.com).

0 Likes
MartinAun
Explorer
Options

Have tried clearing app cache and data from both Google Play and Galaxy Store.

Nothing works.

Members_aDvoxKt
First Poster
Options

You are not the only one having this problem have the same problem updating my A12 phone samsung internet tells me there is a update click on update taken to play store to be told my phone is not compatible