Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Health recording steps i didn't take

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 01:05 PM)
AlComp
First Poster
Options

I had around 1500 steps logged today an hour ago. I just did 4500 steps on my walk but now I have over 10,000 logged. When I check it seems 4,000 steps are recorded at 4am (looking at the activity timeline graphic) when I was asleep and my Active 2 watch and A50 phone were switched off! This activity didn't appear in Samsung Health initially....only when i did a walk 4 hours after i turned watch and phone on. I have seen steps adding during the night before but not this many. I am not sleepwalking!!

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
Krzysztof353
Student
Options

I've noticed the same, the steps from yesterday can show up today, the steps from now can magically appear twice several hours ago, etc. Seems to be a software bug, it started happening since around spring or early summer this year, probably around the major Android OS update (version 10 if I'm not mistaken). Did you get it fixed?

0 Likes
AlComp
First Poster
Options

Hi Krzysztof. I turned off the the option to count steps from phone as well as watch and seems to be fine since. I had this option turned off but upgrading seems to reset it

0 Likes