Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery not connecting with OneDrive / Microsoft

(Topic created on: 10-08-2022 09:42 PM)
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

I spent more than 2h this evening...all I wanted to do was to back-up my gallery to my OneDrive. Followed all the normal steps, the screen is just stuck at "Connecting accounts..." (in the gallery app). And nothing happens.

And yes, I think i tried everything possible (that's why i spent 2h). Cleared cache off the apps, logged out, re-logged in, unlinked services, installed 2FA and Authenticator App from Microsoft, disabled 2FA, restarted the phone after every attept... what else should I mention.

It's just frustrating that I still cannot connect the Samsung with Microsoft account in order to back up my photos in OneDrive. Probably I will just stick to the ol' good Google Photos instead of this shitty service...

33 REPLIES 33
GalaxyNyx
Apprentice
Options

Just tried doing it again and it finally connected. They must have fixed the issue. 

0 Likes
AndFor
First Poster
Options

I´m one of those who have spent hours on this.

Can mention that the above fix works, uninstall OneDrive to get an old version, connect accounts and then update OneDrive.

But right after this I found an interesting page in the phone.

Go to Settings > Samsung Account > Samsung Cloud > Three dots top right > Messages

There you can find samsungs own message that they´re gonna remove the service to sync samsung gallery and OneDrive.
They also mention that they´re gonna delete data but I haven´t noticed anything... yet...

KalleFS
Student
Options

Microsoft gave me the same solution today as well...

0 Likes
KalleFS
Student
Options

This solves it!

0 Likes
Members_AyG9qJq
Student
Options

The Solution after many many many Tries;;

you schould go to the Google Play Store and search for Onedrive.. then tab on uninstall, then it will automatically go back to the old version ( this means the onedrive will still be in your phone) and then go to the gallery app settings and tab on sync... it will work ( at least worked for me). 

i think after you connect you can update the onedrive again without problems.. 

i hope this can help you

Jim Cocobean
First Poster
Options

This here, my good sirs and madames... is the only method which worked for me too! Awesome!

Members_VsvNwbv
First Poster
Options

Hi, I also have this issue and found out something interesting,

I realize that, it only happens when linking with an OneDrive Premium Family membership account.

If I link the gallery with a new OneDrive Free Account, it works, even after that I tried unlinking and relinking multiple times succesfully.
However, as soon as I add this free account to my OneDrive Family Group, and unlinking and relinking it, leads to the same "Connecting accounts..." issue again. 

However(!), after adding the free account to the Premium Family group once, after that even when leaving the family group and going back to a free account, and unlinking and relinking it again. It will not work anymore, and still leads to the "Connecting accounts..." issue.

So it seems once an account has been added to the Family Premium group, it is somehow corrupted...
Don't know if this is only true for Family Premium or Single Premium membership only.

I think Samsung/Microsoft definately needs to fix this issue. It has already been 3 months since the creation of this topic, and the workaround mentioned before (uninstalling OneDrive going back to an old version) should not be the permanent answer to that.

Hope my findings somehow helps.

0 Likes
Lyubomir Kaludov
First Poster
Options

Good man, thank you!

I have been hitting my head in a wall, trying to fix this, because I decided to unlink my previous Microsoft Account (that I am about to delete) and link it with my new one... And it has been a pain in my ass... (I am doing the whole microsoft account switch, because despite removing an old PC from my account over and over again it continued to reappear for 2 years and MS Support said they can't help...)

0 Likes
Microserf2005
First Poster
Options

Wow!!! Crazy! This is the only solution that worked for me on my new Galaxy Z Fold3! I hate how a simple set of app updates can break integrations. Microsoft, Samsung, let's get this stuff better tested!

0 Likes
Kreston
Apprentice
Options

After a while searching forums and dealing with this issue I have found MY fix and will post it everywhere to help other. 

Samsung Website

• Got to samsung dot com  
  • Login to you your account
  • Go to services and unlink microsoft, if it's there, if not move on

Microsoft website

• Go to microsoft dot com
  • Sign into your account
  • Go to security
  • Then advanced security
  • Then apps and services
  • If samsung is in there, unlink it, if not move on

Samsung Phone

• Go to the Google Play store and uninstall OneDrive. It will not remove it, it will only remove the updates.
  • Then finally, go to the samsung Gallery app
  • In the app setting, go to Sync with OneDrive and enter your info as normal. 
  • You will know it has worked if it shows you a visual picture of the samsung and microsoft app icons linked together asking for permissions and confirmation. Proceed to sign in and you should be good. 

Hopefully this helps others out. It appears to be a samsung to microsoft account linking issue. They do not appear to be checking in the accounts prior to connecting. Bad programming really. 

Best of luck to all!

0 Likes