Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Gallery not connecting with OneDrive / Microsoft

(Topic created on: 12-05-2022 12:39 AM)
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

I spent more than 2h this evening...all I wanted to do was to back-up my gallery to my OneDrive. Followed all the normal steps, the screen is just stuck at "Connecting accounts..." (in the gallery app). And nothing happens.

And yes, I think i tried everything possible (that's why i spent 2h). Cleared cache off the apps, logged out, re-logged in, unlinked services, installed 2FA and Authenticator App from Microsoft, disabled 2FA, restarted the phone after every attept... what else should I mention.

It's just frustrating that I still cannot connect the Samsung with Microsoft account in order to back up my photos in OneDrive. Probably I will just stick to the ol' good Google Photos instead of this shitty service...

33 REPLIES 33
IceWolf75
Journeyman
Options

Microsoft told me this. From what I read, basically they tell me to ditch the Gallery sync, unlink Samsung account from Microsoft and switch to One Drive own sync - Camera Upload - which was already working for me anyway. Strange.Screenshot 2022-05-09 083405.png

IceWolf75
Journeyman
Options

It doesn't work for me. When I'm tapping Gallery (Sync with OneDrive) I'm automatically sent to the "Connecting accounts" screen.

0 Likes
CroncAstronaut
Explorer
Options

Still not working for me.

Stuck at "connecting accounts..."

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
  • Hey, I found a solution that helped me. First, disconnect the microsoft account manually via the Microsoft website, but also disconnect via samsung and clear the data of the samsung cloud, one-drive and gallery app, and then restart the device. Then go to the Google Play store, find OneDrive and select uninstall and it should uninstall the update and OneDrive will return to the old version, do not update now, try to connect to OneDrive via the Settings gallery and connect to OneDrive. If it helped, keep sharing! 😉
IceWolf75
Journeyman
Options

Strange answer from Microsoft when I asked if something happened between Samsung and Microsoft. Samsung discontinued the sync?

Screenshot_20220511-073548_Outlook.jpg

0 Likes
IceWolf75
Journeyman
Options

It worked!
*****, both Microsoft and Samsung are clueless about the issue, they've both just guessed and none of them got it right.
Thank you.
By the way, did you updated the OneDrive after the linking or did you used the old initial version?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
  • If you used my method, yes, you can update it after the accounts are linked. Yours sincerely, and please keep sharing this so that others can also deal with this strange bug. I have already written about this procedure to samsung's help and I hope they will fix it in the new version of OneDrive. Have a good day!
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
  • I am also glad that I could help
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
  • After you have correctly linked your accounts, you can easily update OneDrive and the synchronization will also work
0 Likes
IceWolf75
Journeyman
Options

Thank you again.

0 Likes