Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A71 VPN (PPTP/L2TP) - not working on 4g/LTE/cellular data

(Topic created on: 03-01-2021 12:18 AM)
Members_e8DPpxR
Apprentice
Options

I`m having some troubles connecting to VPN when using cellular data (4g/LTE)

I`m using Samsung Galaxy A71 (SM-A715F).
Firmware version:A715FXXU3ATK1
One UI version: 2.5
Android version: 10

I have been trying to connect to my personal VPN using PPTP and L2TP from this phone. I know that configuration is correct because i am using it on my laptop and other phones. Thay have zero issues connecting to VPN on 4g/LTE.
If i connect my Samsung A71 to  wi-fi (it can be hot-spot from other phone, office or home wi-fi network) i can connect to my VPN - without any issues.
When i use cellular data - phone is not able to connect to VPN. Both PPTP and L2TP - does not work.
Same problem with the laptop which is connected to my Samsung A71 phone wi-fi hot-spot.
I know for sure that my provider does not block my VPN connection, cause it works perfectly on the same sim card on an old moto g5s or huawei nova. 
It looks like something is blocking the ability to connect to VPN when using cellular data on Samsung A71 phone.

Best regards

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Ilyaskk
First Poster
Options

This solved my problem. I can't thank you enough. My problem started specifically after upgrading to Android 12. When it was Android 11, it used to work after enabling and disabiliing the Airplane Mode.

0 Likes
MatsW
Student
Options

This is ridiculous! I bought a Galaxy A52 5G thinking I could trust Samsung to provide me with a professional product that would work 24/7. NowI see that the exact same problem I see jan 2022 has been known for over a year. It is rally pathetic that Samsung doesn't value professional users. So I just have to warn all my friends on FB that they should stay away from Samsung if they want a working IT infrastructure.

0 Likes
MatsW
Student
Options

Forced phone to only use 3G, and then VPN works over WLAN hotspot. Samsung data connection over  4G/5G is broken 😞

0 Likes