Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A71 grainy photos

(Topic created on: 13-05-2021 01:34 PM)
maydap
Student
Options

Hi. I have been trying to take pictures of Fall colors and my pictures are grainy. Any tips? 

1600550204122243566597367671282.jpg

  

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Rammy1884
First Poster
Options
I think this can happen if you zoom in too much, I've had the a71 today so I'm learning too
maydap
Student
Options

Do you know how I'm supposed to take distance photos? My S7 didn't have this problem. 

0 Likes
Jasonseery
Helping Hand
Options
if its zoomed its awful mine does it too, look at my s10 posts its an absolute rubbish camera the s20 does it too but previous phones s6 s7 s8 and s9 didn't do it, they messed up the camera and no update fixes them its not software its hardware related on the s10 and s20 anyway and sometimes awful focus issues, dont fall for the updates will fix it or send it back or clear cache and blah blah it doesn't work
0 Likes
PEGASUS01
Explorer
Options
have you trued pro mode? not sure if it'll help but could be worth a try
0 Likes
Merv2020
Student
Options
Have you zoomed in before taking the photo? I think the A71 only has 2 x optical zoom, after this it only has digital zoom, which is fake zoom and only zooms in on the pixels which then makes it pixelated.
0 Likes
AlbertoJGS
First Poster
Options
I just got the S21 ultra and I'm coming from an iPhone 12 and have to say I have the same problem. Photos are really bad even when I don't zoom in, the quality is just not there.
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@maydap: When you zoom in to take a photo, some image quality will be lost as a result of the digital zoom, as well as through shaking, as your movements are magnified. As a workaround, try capturing the image without zooming in, then head to your Gallery, select the image, tap the pencil symbol at the bottom to enter Edit mode and zoom in to crop the photo from here. With this approach you should find that this results in a better overall photo. 

0 Likes