Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A71 Eye Strain

(Topic created on: 21-04-2021 05:23 PM)
plantagenet83
Student
Options

I recently upgraded my J5 to an A71, and after only a few mins of using I found it pulling terribly on my eyes, and after using I would feel kind of sea sick. I never had this issue with the J5.

After looking into what could be causing this the only thing I've come across that sounds possible is this DC Dimming, or PWM, but looking at the specs from the J5 this has it too -

https://www.notebookcheck.net/PWM-Ranking-Notebooks-Smartphones-and-Tablets-with-PWM.163979.0.html

Samsung Galaxy J5 2016 1280x720 AMOLED (Response Times PWM Frequency) 243.9

Samsung Galaxy A71 2400x1080 AMOLED (Response Times PWM Frequency) 247.5

I tried everything that was recommended (turn brightness down, blue filter, dark mode, 3rd party dimmer etc).

I've had to return the phone which is annoying as it was great apart from this, but I couldn't use it! I'm now stuck with an old J5 and concerned that whatever upgrade I get it will do the same!

4 REPLIES 4
Gazza40
Pathfinder
Options
I can't have iphones because of this but never had a problem with samsung phones. It's normally oled phones not amoled ones
0 Likes
plantagenet83
Student
Options

Yeah, it's really odd. Need to upgrade this phone but feel completely stuck now.

0 Likes
Syed fasi
First Poster
Options

Even i am facing the same problem feeling sick using A71 i have also consulted ophthalmologist he recommended me to use artificial tears in order to get relived but there seems to be no change. I even tried many changes in display settings. I have spent more than $100 for my eyes.

If you have over come this issue please help.

0 Likes
Jurgen8
First Poster
Options

500$ dollars by now for me

0 Likes