Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy A71 camera problem

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 01:19 PM)
Leon5253
Student
Options

I got this phone yesterday and it is really great phone but... I have an issue with image quality when sending photos on messenger or some other apps like snapchat.

When looking at the live image, the image is sharp and at high quality but after taking photo it gets blurry.

When I take photos with the camera app I dont have this issue and picture is awesome quality. 

This is really frustrating and I feel like there is something wrong with the software on my phone!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

62 REPLIES 62
Lloyd344
First Poster
Options

My screenshot and screen recorder are both pixilize when I send then in messenger i did even try to post it in my facebook wall but the quality of the video and photos are blurred

0 Likes
straussen
Student
Options

Same problem here when using Instagram/FB Messenger/Twitter cameras. Just bought my A71 yesterday and it was very very disappointing. The camera on its own works fine but when i use third party cameras thats when it gets frustrating. Have to take photos separately and send it instead of using the camera in the social media app itself. I thought I upgraded my phone from the S7 Edge  but turns out this was actually a downgrade. I will definitely be on the lookout for this issue next time I buy a phone--I thought i researched hard enough before buying this but turns out those tech reviewers missed out on this. Hope this can be resolved in future updates. 

SamimHameedi
Explorer
Options

I have the same problem

0 Likes
Khamis_Muniru
Apprentice
Options

3 months later this problem has not been fixed, i bought my A71 yesterday and im dissapointed, the left picture is taken with Samsung camera app and the right picture is taken with whatsapp camera, the instagram camera too is blurry. please do something SAMSUNG.WhatsApp Image 2020-07-05 at 5.06.24 PM.jpeg

HamidaAhmed
Student
Options

I am having the same problem 😭😭😭 any solution yet ???

0 Likes
Petar09
Apprentice
Options
I'm having the same problem.. both the front and selfie cameras are blurred when taking a photo in a third-party app such as Snapchat and WhatsApp however, the photo is great quality and sharp in the phone's photo app. In addition, the selfie camera is zoomed in abnormally in third-party apps like Snapchat.

Any fix yet? I've tried all the above suggestions but nothing seems to work..
Khamis_Muniru
Apprentice
Options

No fix yet, all we can do is wait for Samsung to fix it in an update or something when they feel like its time to do so...

0 Likes
Lori1989
First Poster
Options

Same problem, the camera quality is horrible, even in the own phone gallery i saw bad quality videos, the quality is worse then a 5 mpx camera. I'll request a warranty phone change

0 Likes
straussen
Student
Options

In the meantime i'll be letting this issue known in the comments section in review videos on youtube. Maybe if people wouldnt want to buy this then samsung will work faster in fixing this. It just sucks because ive watched a lot of reviews before buying and not one reviewer mentioned this even if they say they've used the phone for months. 

Tobias399
Student
Options

Just commenting so Samsung understand the severity of this issue.

Had an iPhone 6a before. The quality of the images on Snapchat was not as good as the regular camera on that phone either, I guess that's just how Snapchat works. But holy cow, the bad quality on the A71 is below any expectations! I would describe the quality as smudgy rather than blurry, like if you would have grease on the camera lens. I often snap with my friends, so would be nice with an update.