Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy A71 camera problem

(Topic created on: 14-03-2020 01:19 PM)
Leon5253
Student
Options

I got this phone yesterday and it is really great phone but... I have an issue with image quality when sending photos on messenger or some other apps like snapchat.

When looking at the live image, the image is sharp and at high quality but after taking photo it gets blurry.

When I take photos with the camera app I dont have this issue and picture is awesome quality. 

This is really frustrating and I feel like there is something wrong with the software on my phone!

Does anyone know how to fix this?

62 REPLIES 62
SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi @Leon5253

The apps that you are sending the photos on may be scaling the quality down in order to send them across. Are you able to send us an example photo, so we can get a better idea? It would be ideal if you could send us one that's just been taken from the Camera app, and one that you've sent/sending. Thanks!
Kath891112
First Poster
Options

Use live photo when capturing pics, have the same problem before now its fine

Karylle12
First Poster
Options

Hi. Im also experiencing the same problem. Can someone knows how to fix this? 

SheikhMMuneeb
Student
Options
Same problem with my A71 too but details overall even in it's own camera app are very low. It was disappointing to see Galaxy A50 score better than A71 in Dxo Mark. Samsung is holding back the potential of the 64MP lens ig. Focus in low light is also pretty bad. The camera has a lot of room for improvement especially in Low Light Conditions and artifacts problem in Portrait shots. Overall it's a great phone. I hope Samsung improves on the shortcomings with the future updates.
Thank you.
0 Likes
Hannah6
First Poster
Options

I am having the same problem has anyone figured out how to sort it out?

Laverta4
Student
Options

I've also been experiencing the same issue, both my phones software and the apps are up to date but I'm still seeing issues with the image quality in apps such as snapchat and instagram. Do you have any advice? 

SaudA
Troubleshooter
Options
Hi all, if you're having similar issues. Can we get some example pictures? Is this happening with only third party apps?
Laverta4
Student
Options
Hi yes just third party apps. Can I send example pictures via email?
0 Likes
Cocolamela9
First Poster
Options

Hi Guy's

I have a solution that is easy and works.  At the top of your normal camera app there are some icons.  One of these has numbers ie 3:4, 1:1 ect.  It is next to the timer icon 4 icons across from the left hand side.  Click on the number shown and then change to 3:4 64MP this will give you the best quality images and better still stop that horrible change to your photo's quality.  You can then use the scene optimiser little blue button that comes up in the bottom left as does not seem to alter the picture too.   Your problems should be over after this little tip.