Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy a70 screen not responding but everything is working.

(Topic created on: 23-07-2020 06:51 AM)
Ayumi
First Poster
Options

My A70 screen randomly started not responding.  i can unlock but only with face recognition. volume controls and can open the power/restart screen but can't press either of them. I can't touch anything on the phone has this happened to anybody else? I'm just waiting for it to die at the moment. there is no screen protector. and im not careless with it. hopeefully it's just a glitch

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
CrazyTom2k2
Helping Hand
Options
Hey there Ayumi,

Sounds like you might have a dead digitizer - the thing that works out you're touching the screen - sadly.

I've got one suggestion that might work, and doesn't need a functioning touchscreen, but you'll need to know your Google and Samsung account passwords, and this suggestion will wipe everything on your phone's internal memory:

Step 1 - Hold the Power+Volume Down keys for 10 secs. This should perform a Simulation Battery Disconnect and restart you phone
Step 2 - As soon as the display turns off, press and hold the Power+Volume Up keys. This should load the recovery menu
Step 3 - Use the volume keys to select Wipe Data/Factory Reset, and press the Power key to select it. Use the volume keys to select Yes
Step 4 - Once complete, use the Power button to select Restart System Now. All goes well, your phone should restart into Setup and you should be able to interact with it

If that doesn't fix your touchscreen, then you'll need to contact Samsung and arrange a repair, although this should be covered under warranty as long as your display has no physical damage.

All the best, and keep being awesome,
Tom 🙂
0 Likes
Brurtalrage
First Poster
Options
probs best to advise just a power button and volume button restart incase its just a software glitch because its a known issue on the a70
0 Likes
Leebaan
First Poster
Options

yees!!!! similar thing is happening to me either i don't know what to do plus i even tried to flash but still nothing

0 Likes