Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A6 stuttering bluetooth audio

(Topic created on: 01-12-2019 05:07 AM)
AstlPhilosopher
Student
Options

I'm sorry if I format this wrong at least in terms of labels and message tags as I don't follow understand them :/. Anywho so I've had my Samsung Galaxy A6 for approximately two months now I believe? While it has been working great in every other department, it seems like bluetooth has been causing me some issues. Whereas before I had a HTC 10 I didn't have bluetooth issues, but issues with everything else it seemed. 

The bluetooth issues I have been dealing with are perhaps mundane to some? Although to me it is an annoyance in it's own way. Bluetooth connectivity works pretty well, almost spot-on when connecting new devices or ones that the device remembers. The problem comes when playing music and the device is moved to the point that it's not 100% in line with any bluetooth device.  My car for instance if my phone is sitting underneath the dash in the little cubby it seems to stutter. I tested this out by moving the phone from it and then toward the door handle and the music became choppy.  Which made me wonder what exactly is the range of this?

The next instance and the main one that I am curious about is with my bluetooth headphones. I pretty much buy mpow headphones at this point in which the bluetooth is always pretty good. It worked quite well on my old phone, but for some reason ( like in my car ) I have issues with stuttering. I first noticed this on my morning run when I tried to put my phone in my pocket and the audio became quite choppy; to which I had to hold the phone for the run. I ended up investing in an arm band and that seems to have solved the issue. While at work tonight I got a new pair of headphones with bluetooth 5.0? I'm honestly not that savy on the bluetooth so I'm assuming that's good, but even that once everything was synced and I was about to drop my phone in my pocket; The audio became a bit choppy. 

So I was wondering is there some setting I can check to try and alleviate this? Something I could perhaps turn off or maybe a hidden menu for me to do an update? Phone has been superb in everything else save for the bluetooth audio.

edit - I'm sorry I just realized this is EU community and I am from the US. If a mod could please delete this unless perhaps it doesn't matter too much?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@AstlPhilosopher: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bluetooth connection. To start with, please restart your A6 and check that the phone's software is up to date by going to Settings > Software Update. Then go to Setting > Connections > Bluetooth > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Media Volume Sync > Toggle this on or off depending on it's current status.

If the issue persists then head into Settings > Apps > 3 dots (top right) > Show System Apps > Bluetooth Share / Bluetooth Test > Storage > Clear cache / data. If this doesn't help, go into your Bluetooth settings, select the device you are having problems with and then tap "Forget" or “Unpair” from that device and then restart your phone. If the problem persists then run the hardware test: Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Run through the Bluetooth test and share the results.

View solution in context

3 REPLIES 3
Solution
AndrewL
Options
@AstlPhilosopher: Sorry to hear that you're having issues with your Bluetooth connection. To start with, please restart your A6 and check that the phone's software is up to date by going to Settings > Software Update. Then go to Setting > Connections > Bluetooth > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Media Volume Sync > Toggle this on or off depending on it's current status.

If the issue persists then head into Settings > Apps > 3 dots (top right) > Show System Apps > Bluetooth Share / Bluetooth Test > Storage > Clear cache / data. If this doesn't help, go into your Bluetooth settings, select the device you are having problems with and then tap "Forget" or “Unpair” from that device and then restart your phone. If the problem persists then run the hardware test: Samsung Members app > Get Help > Interactive Checks > Run through the Bluetooth test and share the results.

AstlPhilosopher
Student
Options
Thank you so much! The Media Volume Sync seems to have been the culprit. I tested it out last night, but I wasn't 100% so waited until later. I tested it especially in terms of range and in my pocket and the stuttering seems to be gone. Thanks a million for this! ♥
Sound
First Poster
Options

Hi @AndrewL, i know that this thread is way back 2019 but i just found it on google. I encounter the same problem however it's with my samsung gt-n7100 (note 2), a primitive on though. I dont have the 3dots on BT sertings, and dont have the media volume sync option either. Do we still have any other workaround about this? Thanks 

0 Likes