Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A50 Fingerprint not active

(Topic created on: 29-05-2020 09:37 PM)
aceX
Apprentice
Options

Hi there,

After update on Android 10 my fingerprint sensor it's not always active. For example when I activate the screen with power button or with lifting up sensor and I put my finger od fingerprint sensor nothng happens, there is no green lite behing. But if I click on camera icon or phone icon (just click on them, not activate camera or phone) fingerprint sensor is active again. I can lock to phone 3 times and unlock with fingerprint but the third time the sensor is gone 😞

I was waitng some of the updates to fix this but ... it has been a long time (almost 3 moths) living with this issue.

Thanks in advice

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @aceX 

That's not good  !

If this was my situation id first try deleting the fingerprints and then re set them back up.

If that didn't help then I'd back up , remove any relevant Sd card and factory reset.

If that didn't work then I'd send a feedback bug report to Samsung via the Samsung Members App.

I wish you all the best with this situation. 

🌈 Stay Safe  🌈 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

aceX
Apprentice
Options

Thanks for advise @

Solution
aceX
Apprentice
Options

If someone else have this problem, as a temporary solution you can choose the following:

1. You can activate Always on Display. If you don't like this feature to drain your battery you can make schedule to be active for one minute a day.

2. You can activate Double Click to woke up display.

Both of this features keeps alive the fingerprint sensor. I did not have any answer from Samsung for my error report yet, but I still hope with some of the next updates this will be solved.

0 Likes
Batty2020
Student
Options

I received an update today which I thought would solve my fingerprint not now working.  The system appears to want "fingerprint sensor calibration needed ".   Don't understand.....what to do!!!

Batty2020
Student
Options

I received an update today which I thought would solve my fingerprint not now working.  The system appears to want "fingerprint sensor calibration needed ".   Don't understand.....what to do, assumed incorrectly that Samsung had it covered 

aceX
Apprentice
Options
I did not understand exactly what is the correct problem you had.
What was the correct problem before the update?
Does your fingerprint sensor did not work also before update and your expectations wеre after this system update the sensor will work or the fingerprint sensor did not work before?
In my case the sensor was working all the time, but it was not active when the phone was in stand by state.
Do you tried to turn on the Always on Display and try the fingerprint sensor is working?
If the fingerprint sensor does not work in all states than maybe, it’s not software problem…

Best Regards
0 Likes