Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Galaxy A50 and avoiding FRP

(Topic created on: 21-05-2022 12:52 PM)
mikeytt
Student
Options

I bought a used Samsung A50 and the previous owner removed their Google account, but left the phone logged into their Samsung account. My questions is if I have added my own Google account and then I reset the phone to factory settings is there a chance that FRP could be triggered based on the Samsung account being on the phone??

From using Samsung's automated service it stated that FRP is a Google feature rather than a Samsung one. I am hoping that because I have logged into my Google account on the phone that eve if FRP was somehow activated the phone would allow me to log in becaused my Google account has been associated with the phone even though the previous user's Samsung account was still logged in at the time.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I would really suggest if you can to contact the seller to arrange for their Samsung Account to be removed so you can add your own which does really need to be in the phone.

How-to-get-a-samsung-account-and-the-advantages-of-having-it. 

Do-you-need-a-samsung-account. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Solution
mikeytt
Student
Options

Thanks. From looking at Youtube videos it seems the only thing that is necessary to disable FRP is to remove any Google account on the phone and disable any pin lock that you have as a security measure on the phone. FRP seems to be a Google rather than a Samsung issue.

However, FRP apparently remembers previous Google accounts associated with the phone so it would make sensefor ayone in my situation to have at least had your own Google account associated with the phone in case FRP does get activated.

0 Likes