Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy A40.

(Topic created on: 05-08-2021 05:45 PM)
Emmbar
Apprentice
Options
Since my phone has done the last few updates, it just doesn't take photos now.  Only works on the most zoomed out mode (0.5) and selfies.  So annoying!! I'm away next week too and needed the camera.
I've done the latest update and done a factory reset. Still not working.
0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Just out of curiosity, how much total memory is used up on the device storage? And do you use a micro SD card for external storage?
0 Likes
Emmbar
Apprentice
Options
It says I've used 42% internal storage. I use Google to save all my photos etc onto. I don't use a sd card.
I've tried everything. Im baffled.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Initially I thought there might be a storage or memory capacity issue as sometimes pictures can't be taken as storage is full.
It's a bit more concerning as you've reached to all the updates and done a factory reset but the problem still persists...

Early time for your post... maybe someone else may have better ideas or suggestions...

Might have to be a warranty repair job if its within the 24 months but I know you need it for next week...
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
What was your previous phone?, I am just asking to see if that camera may be better to use than the A40 in case you don't get it fixed on time so you don't miss out on taking pictures.
Emmbar
Apprentice
Options
Yea Samsung have said I can sent to them, so they can look at it. Just a shame I away next week and have to wait. Thanks
Emmbar
Apprentice
Options
I sold my last Huawei phone. I will use my sons phone for pics, then when back, send it to Samsung I think. I wondered if was any camera updates or anything, but doesn't look like it.
0 Likes
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
What happens if you try download say a 3rd party camera app from the play store then try take images? Via the app? Might be unreliable though for the week you need it.

Might be worth just sticking with the plan of using your Son's phone.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Good idea, and next time you upgrade, it is a good idea to keep the old phone as it may come in handy when situations like this take place. Always good to keep a spare phone.
0 Likes
Emmbar
Apprentice
Options
I might actually try that. Do you know of any good apps?
0 Likes