Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy A40 shuts completely off randomly

(Topic created on: 19-11-2019 09:20 PM)
SamF1
First Poster
Options

Hello

I have owned this Samsung Galaxy A40 phone now for a year and this last week it has one time completely frozen and now it keeps on turning itself completely off, even if it is charging. Does someone know what to do?

Regards Sam

15 REPLIES 15
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

First try putting the phone in Safe Mode which disables any downloaded apps and leaves the stock ones working and then see what happens.

Check there are no software updates in your phones settings.

If it continues then if this was my situation I'd back up and factory reset.

If it continues still then seek support from a Samsung Experience Store  / Samsung Service Centre 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

mastermind456
Explorer
Options
I have never heard of this problem before... As mentioned by BandOfBrothers, I suggest looking for some badly behaving apps. Try some free antivirus off the Play Store like Avast, and if that can't find anything, consider factory resetting. If the problem still comes up, go to Samsung support and see if they can offer you a replacement.
0 Likes
WolfyRS
First Poster
Options

Same problem here.. I had this phone for net even a year and it just completly shuts down.

ohmeega
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, the freezing, everything, even the period of time that I have had the phone is accurate.

kubusiele
First Poster
Options

I have the same issue, my A40 shuts down at random, it started yesterday.

0 Likes
Kuba81
First Poster
Options
Same with my wife's phone. Have you guys tried factory reset? It's suspicious that all the phones are +/- 1 year old.
0 Likes
Chris912
First Poster
Options

Same problem with my a40 did you find something??

0 Likes
Linusson
First Poster
Options

Same here since about 2weeks back. Drives me nuts.

Factory reset did not work. 

0 Likes
mluha
First Poster
Options

I also have the same problem: it started 12th of July 2020.

I might have an hardware issue, as it does not turn on unless I connect a charger to it for 1 minute, then disconnect the charger, waith another minute and then the phone starts.

0 Likes