Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung galaxy a33

(Topic created on: 27-09-2022 06:08 AM)
1rob123
First Poster
Options
Hi my daughter has a galaxy a33 she had it less than a month and its started to get a slight bend in it. She doesn't put it in her back pockets or anything like that. Is this a common problem with this phone 
6 REPLIES 6
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Not as far as I'm aware @1rob123 

Typically a phone can bend when put under stress.

I appreciate your daughter does not put the phone in her back pocket which is a common occurance nowadays. 

Does she put the phone in her front pockets  ?

I thinking tight pants or it being sat on ?

She could take the phone to a Samsung Service Centre however they may suggest this is user caused but it maybe still worth showing the phone to them.

I wish you all the best. Take care.  😎 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
sioux11
First Poster
Options
The only Time it's in her pocket is when she's at school that's her blazer pocket. We took into the shop we got it from and they said if they sent it off it would of just been sent back saying customer damage she had it less than a month
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@sioux11: In instances such as this I do recommend reaching out to our Help Desk to arrange for the phone to be inspected by an engineer. If the issue is deemed to be the result of a manufacturing fault then it will be repaired free of charge, however if physical damage or misuse is identified during the inspection then a charge will be applicable to cover the cost of the service. Don't worry though, as the Service Centre will contact you with a quotation, allowing you the chance to opt in or out of the repair. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

0 Likes
KrzysztofSt
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue with my A33. After about half a year today the phone bent.  It was on the desk and when I took it to check something I put it back, and I felt that it was wobbling, and I thought that I put it on something laying on the desk, but then I realised it was bent very hard. Something is wrong with that model.

0 Likes
KrzysztofSt
Apprentice
Options

Yeah, but when you try to set this up, you got the information that the repair will be charged. So the phone bends itself and I need to pay for that. great!

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@KrzysztofSt: If your phone is warped or bent, then this would technically be classed as physical damage, which is not covered by our warranty. If the online booking options are limited, and you are concerned that the issue has occurred without any physical stress being applied to the device, then I recommend reaching out to our Support Team to explain the situation, and an advisor will be able to assist you further. With this in mind, please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen, and check the Support section to find the available support channels in your region. I apologise for any inconvenience this may cause 

0 Likes