Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

samsung galaxy a33 5g uk version

(Topic created on: 12-01-2023 06:49 PM)
john mc
Apprentice
Options

hi looking for some help and advice, i bought a galaxy a33 5g in November from amazon for £215 new in a sealed box and liked the phone. 2 weeks after i bought it the add on amazon changed to old version but i could not find out what old version ment, because i was happy with the phone  wasn't 2 bothered. unfortunately the phone died and had to be returned to amazon for a refund. i am now looking to buy a new a33 5g again but would like to make Sure i buy a uk version even though i know i will pay more but i want to know is there any way i can tell its made for uk market and not eu as i think the last 1 i had was Spanish but worked fine except key board was split in half and at times confusing or am i over thinking this and an EU model will be fine.not a lot of info on the difference but some people say the EU serious does not have a 2 year warrant or Samsung uk will not repair a EU model

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
keith30
Maestro
Options
Just just visit a phone provider like O2, EE , Vodafone or any phone retailer. I'm with O2 in the UK and never had any issue with them and I'm sure store staff would help you out a lot.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I agree with Keith30. Maybe include Argos in your shopping hunt. I've bought from them SIM free, on numerous occasions, and have never had a problem.
0 Likes
john mc
Apprentice
Options

hi Keith am with virgin as part of my v/ media package and on a good low price monthly contract, i tried virgin today to get a new phone but the only colour is shocking peach ( not really me) and black is on back order. this is why am looking to just buy a new  a33 and stay sim only . i also went to order off Samsung today but the delivery is back of next week even though it says next day. i will try the phone shops as you say but i don't want to pay £299 and find out its an eu version when i can buy that from amazon for £234 .that is why i was wondering if you can tell the version by the imei or serial no when buying the phone

0 Likes
john mc
Apprentice
Options

so have i and though phones are normally fault free agos s a pain to return/ get a repair done since they closed a lot of shops and opend in Sainsburys ect

0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Yeah I use our local Argos in Sainsbury and find it very handy. I must be very lucky in never having to return an item I've bought yet! Fingers crossed now, and touch wood of course. Lol.
john mc
Apprentice
Options

update i now have a new A33 g5 i just went to Samsung as they have a shop in my town centre and RESULT they were doing 30% of the price if you took out the extra care so basically got the 1 year after care free

0 Likes