Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy A12 clipboard

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 05:13 AM)
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Hi all 

I have just moved from a Samsung Galaxy J6 to a Samsung Galaxy A12 and I can't find the clipboard anywhere.
I have pressed the 3 dots a the top of the keyboard toolbar but there is no option called clipboard I have also held down on the search bar but only the paste option comes up.

If anyone knows anything about how to access it then it will be much appreciated.
9 REPLIES 9
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Usually both of what you've tried should bring up the clipboard option.
Have you copied multiple items yet? The clipboard may not come up if you only have 1 item copied in your history.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Are you using the Samsung Keyboard @ADAM8362  ?

When I long press on a word and press the 3 little dots I see 

Screenshot_20210322-050934_Samsung Internet.jpg

And I have the clipboard set in my upper tool bar 

Screenshot_20210322-051036_Samsung Internet.jpg

The clipboard is built into the Samsung Keyboard so should be there.

Are there any 3rd party Keyboards etc you've downloaded that might be causing this.

Make sure you've chosen the Samsung Keyboard and if necessary reset it.

Let us know how you get on.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
thank you for your reply and help.
In the past I have used many samsung phones and all of them had a clipboard but unfortunately my Samsung a12 does not have it since I bought the phone. I have never used any other 3rd pary keyboards and here is a screenshot of my keyboard

Screenshot_20210322-112226_Samsung Members_1409.jpg

Screenshot_20210322-112244_Samsung Members_1410.jpg

Screenshot_20210322-112251_Samsung Members_1411.jpg

0 Likes
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
yes I have also here are some screenshot of the issue

Screenshot_20210322-112244_Samsung Members_1410.jpg

Screenshot_20210322-112251_Samsung Members_1411.jpg

Screenshot_20210322-112226_Samsung Members_1409.jpg

0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
That is strange indeed 😂 i don't know what else to suggest. I know there are 3rd party clipboard ls available, but as for fixing your default one, i have no idea.
ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Yes it's not that big of an issue it just gets a bit annoying when I have to copy multiple things at once. I contacted Samsung and they said that the clipboard should be there but they could do remote support by one of thier technicians. anyways thanks for your help have a good day/night
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

If this was my phone I'd consider the following troubleshooting tips.

1. Reset the keyboard.

2.Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

3. Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ 

4. Factory reset.

@ADAM8362 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
chya
First Poster
Options

I am also having the same problem. Did you find a solution for this?

I compared the apps in my A12 and J7 and noticed that my A12 is missing 2 system apps "ClipboardSaveService" and "ClipboardIUService" that are foubd in J7. But I don't know where I can download and install it for my A12.

ADAM8362
Pioneer
Options
Hi chya

no unfortunately I did not find any solution to the clipboard issue.

I phoned samsung and I did everything they said but it did not work. The best option is to download a 3rd party keyboard for example GOOGLE keyboard is a ok app which has a clipboard. you can get this on the play store. other than that the Samsung galaxy A12 does not have a clipboard.
0 Likes