Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Samsung Capture stopped working after the last big update

(Topic created on: 03-02-2022 05:38 PM)
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Samsung Galaxy  A52 5G got a major update a week ago.

After that update there are several severe problems:

One on the worst is that Samsung Capture which should capture long print screens stopped working!

That is a daily problem.

I have tried to fix the problem with this advice:

"Try and reset Samsung capture app data :
Settings, apps, 3 lines with arrow,  show system apps(enable this),  search for Samsung capture,  storage, clear cache + data. Reboot your device."

All that is done, however the problem is still there.

Please would you have some idea how to solve this promblem? :smiling-face:

Thank you so much!

20 REPLIES 20
Kay2022
Explorer
Options
The update has seemed to cause a lot of issues. Mine is the SD card not being recognised. I hope it gets sorted soon.
Members_t8zcwRb
First Poster
Options

I have the exact same problem. Can no longer screen record post update. 

Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Kay2022,

Thank you for comment! So sorry hear that you as well have got issues due to the latest update! On the other hand so good that you tell us about the issues you have met! I quess there are many of us who try to deal with those surprising problems!

Please everyone be free to tell about all possible issues the latest update has caused!

Many of us propably try to solve the problems first alone and only afterwards realizes that possibly the update have something to do with the problems! Not so that ones own phone would be too old, memory full or that one could not use the phone!

I wonder does someone from Samsung's technical personal read this site? Or would someone here know where we possibly could mail this discussionto inform Samsung about the problems that their customers have met?

Hopefully all the issues would be solved by a new update soon!

E.g. this long screeen shot is used daily by many off the customers and it would be so valuable to save all the time for produtive work instead of takaing e.g. 10 screenshots and then individually email them further!

Have a lucky day anyway all of you! :smiling-face:

Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Members_t8zcwRb,

Thank you for your comment! So sorry to hear that you deal with the very same problem! However goodw to know that I with my quite new phone was not all alone with this issue!

Great also that, in case I understand correctly this site, this is your very first comment here! :smiling-face: Nice to get you onbord with the rest of us! Wellcome!

0 Likes
Kay2022
Explorer
Options
I tired sending links of convos from here to show them it is an update issue but they keep telling me the same old thing. That it couldn't possibly be them and that it is a hardware issue on a device and sd card that is less than 2 years old
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

I suppose as well that those problems most certainly are caused by the update while the problems started right after the phone was updated! Before the latest update e.g. those long screen shots worked like they should! They were saved as a single long screen shot and it was possible to send that one further by email right after the screen shot was taken!

Now the phone will not save at all a longer screen shot! Only the very first part of it will be saved! In worst cases it needs to be repeated 10 or more times to get a tiny little screen shot one after another saved! And aftere that you need to attach them in a correct order to an email! It takes such a long time and often gets messy while those screen shots are easily attached in a false order. The receivers tell that it is very complecated to read mails with so many lose screen shots! One long one is so easy to read!

I think you are right! It is not a problem in your phone, it is no hardware problem! It is Samsung update and software problem! Would be odd that so many customers report problems just after the newest update.

Solution
Spectro
Pioneer
Options

Problem solved by this great advice from Samsung / Jasmin. Warm thanks have been sent to her! 

I though this advice would possibly help someone esle as well! That's why I share this:

"We have analyzed the error report you've sent us and it appears as WRITE_MEDIA_IMAGES permission might be rejected by user. Please go to Settings -> Apps -> Tap on top right menu -> Special access -> All files access -> Turn on for Samsung capture and check it again. If issue still occurs, please record and turn high debug level to help us handle it. You can do it like this:
1. * # 9900 # -> Debug Level: Mid
2. Silent Log -> select 'Default'
3. make a call to repeat the problem
4. * # 9900 # -> Run Dumpstate -> Copy to SD Card
5. Share the 'log' folder."

0 Likes
trapcodeio
First Poster
Options

The solution above did not work for me..

I can't find Samsung capture in the list. What do I do?

Lj10
First Poster
Options

I've got the same issue. Don't have capture in all file access list