Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung and gmail

(Topic created on: 23-01-2021 07:47 PM)
Topsie2
Student
Options
Hi there. I do hope someone can hwlp me I  this....I'm having a problem adding a second Gmail account to my galaxy a51.  When I click add account, the FIRST thing it asks me for is my current password, not the second email address.  I type the current password in but its not recognised so stuck at that step.  The password I've used is absolutely correct because it works fine on my other devices.  

Plus I cant log out of my original Gmail account on my Samsung a 51. It tells me I'm not the administrator! 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
It is asking for the current password as it is a security feature that samsung added, but all you need to do is enter the password you use to unlock your phone and then it will let you enter the 2nd email address. Hope this helped!

View solution in context

4 REPLIES 4
Solution
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
It is asking for the current password as it is a security feature that samsung added, but all you need to do is enter the password you use to unlock your phone and then it will let you enter the 2nd email address. Hope this helped!
Topsie2
Student
Options
oh my word!! You are an absolute star 🌟 thank you so much. That has worked and my second account is up and running. I didn't realise it was asking for my unlock phone password, I thought it was my Gmail password for account number one, they were after which is totally different! Thank you again.
0 Likes
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
That's great to hear and also you are very welcome. If you have any other problems or questions then please feel free to ask me as I will be more than happy to help you, have a good day.
RayScheel
First Poster
Options

This answer is helping years later.  In our case, it came immediately after FamilyLInk asked for parental authorization on a child's phone trying to set up Google Classroom, so it was a bizarre way and place to ask for the screen unlock pin.  

Thank you!

0 Likes